+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship name of contact for unemployment period

jessie_michael

Jun 18, 2014
Toronto
Hi there, I'm applying for citizenship soon, and I have 2 questions:

Question 11 says, "Tell us what you have been doing during the eligibility period.

Complete the chart in question 11. You must list all your work and study history including English/French language training inside or outside Canada for the entire eligibility period....

• If you were not working because you were studying, unemployed, retired, a caregiver, homemaker or volunteering for any part of this time, provide that information, including the location.
  • If you were self-employed, you must provide details of your self-employment."

Should I just use my ex's info who I was living with at the time? Other than a brief volunteering period, there were months when I wasn't doing anything, so I have no professional contact person for those periods.

Also, as for the address (question 11 again), is it my residence or the addresses of my workplaces and schools?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
If you were unemployed/ retired, list the address that you were residing at during that period.
If you were studying, list the address of the school you were attending at.
If you were a caregiver, list the address that you performed your caregiving duties at.

Yes, you should use your ex info as this was where you were residing at during that specific period of time.

Hope this helps!

jessie_michael

Jun 18, 2014
Toronto
If you were unemployed/ retired, list the address that you were residing at during that period.
If you were studying, list the address of the school you were attending at.
If you were a caregiver, list the address that you performed your caregiving duties at.

Yes, you should use your ex info as this was where you were residing at during that specific period of time.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for replying! I guess I misunderstood the address thing. It asks where I'd been physically present during this time, and I thought that means where I lived.

So I filled it out like this:

from [date] to [date] work: [xxxx restaurant] address [my home address at the time] contact [manager's name, phone, and email I had at the time, and hopefully it hasnt changed)

From your reply, I suppose I filled it out wrong, and I'd have to change the address to the restaurant's address?

Thanks

TickleMeElmo

Nov 20, 2017
Toronto
Thanks for replying! I guess I misunderstood the address thing. It asks where I'd been physically present during this time, and I thought that means where I lived.

So I filled it out like this:

from [date] to [date] work: [xxxx restaurant] address [my home address at the time] contact [manager's name, phone, and email I had at the time, and hopefully it hasnt changed)

From your reply, I suppose I filled it out wrong, and I'd have to change the address to the restaurant's address?

Thanks
from [date] to [date] work: [xxxx restaurant] address [RESTURANT ADDRESS] contact [manager's name, phone, and email you had at the time.

I didnt mention it in my original post that you should put the address of your employer if you were employed.