+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Judge Hearing ...

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
Dear all,

Just need to ask few questions. I have received a letter on April 25, 2013 from CIC stated that my file has been referred to a Citizenship Judge for a hearing to determine if you meet the residency requirements set out in the Citizenship Act. In addition, they have mentioned that hearing can take 24 to 30 months.

It has been 16 months since I received this letter.

Q.1) Does that mean I have failed the Citizenship Test or I have not completed the requirement of days while filing the application?

I have lived in Canada for over 3 years when I applied for Citizenship.

Q.2) Any possibility of Judge hearing before the mentioned time? Anyone here with the similar scenario/case, please share their timeline?

thanks in advance .

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
Best to call CIC to ask about this. If you have failed your test, they would at least say so, and you would have a second chance to take the test.

janoo

May 16, 2014
If there is no residency issue than you have failed the test so you can
be see the judge ? CIC must say about the matter if you call and ask
specific question. Can you please forward your time line..

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
janoo said:
If there is no residency issue than you have failed the test so you can
be see the judge ? CIC must say about the matter if you call and ask
specific question. Can you please forward your time line..

If I have failed the test then I guess they call for 2nd test ... I haven't received any letter for re-appearing in test.

However, yesterday I received a letter to appear for judge hearing which is on 3rd september.

Lets see how it goes...

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
I have to take the following documents with me to appear in hearing with judge:

2 pieces of identification
PR Card
All passport
All original documents as listed in the document check list of citizenship application form

So, can anybody tell what questions do judge ask? It will help me in preparing my case.

Thanks

janoo

May 16, 2014
judge normally concern about where you live, where you work, any proof

to judge him that you are living in Canada and you have complete 1095 days

judge responsibility to ensure that you met with the resident requirement and

you pass the citizenship test.... take as much documents you have with you

to satisfy, i.e. travel ticket, medical record, job record, T4, etc... lease/own

house documents, utility bill, bank statement, mortgage payments, car insurance

house insurance personal life insurance etc....

wish you all the best of luck.. normally interview not last for 15-25 minutes.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
khansalmankk said:
Dear all,

Just need to ask few questions. I have received a letter on April 25, 2013 from CIC stated that my file has been referred to a Citizenship Judge for a hearing to determine if you meet the residency requirements set out in the Citizenship Act. In addition, they have mentioned that hearing can take 24 to 30 months.

It has been 16 months since I received this letter.

Q.1) Does that mean I have failed the Citizenship Test or I have not completed the requirement of days while filing the application?

I have lived in Canada for over 3 years when I applied for Citizenship.

Q.2) Any possibility of Judge hearing before the mentioned time? Anyone here with the similar scenario/case, please share their timeline?

thanks in advance .
Interview with the Citizenship Judge taking 24-30 months is just too long to wait and then it has risky outcome too.

Honestly speaking its NOT worth waiting for almost 3 years, taking risk without knowing what would be the outcome.

1) Withdraw your current application. (With new application, attach a letter stating its NOT worth waiting for 3 years and you want to re-apply)

2) Calculate if you are now meeting the Citizenship Grant eligibility and re-apply it ASAP.

3) Attach copies of every document that could help prove your physical presence in the country in last four year (1090 days).

Per CIC's latest rules, all new application for citizenship would be processed much faster.

That way, you have to pay the fees again but does not have much risks.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
Please update on your hearing you siad its on sep 3 and today is sep 8. Hope all went well. Do share the interview in detail.

[qote author=khansalmankk link=topic=235264.msg3461660#msg3461660 date=1409103058]

If I have failed the test then I guess they call for 2nd test ... I haven't received any letter for re-appearing in test.

However, yesterday I received a letter to appear for judge hearing which is on 3rd september.

Lets see how it goes...
[/quote]

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
To all concerns,

Interview went well. Held for an hour or so. Judge was neutral and asked questions about my residency requirment. I haven't failed the test, he said. 1095 days compeleted as well. The only reason he called me for an interview is to confirm more about my residency in Canada.

I entered his room, he asked me to show my PR Card, All passports (including expired), Landing Paper, Care Card & Driving License.

Then he questioned me about my entry and exit and the reason of travel.
He asked where do I work?
Where do I live?
Whats your house rent?
Who pays it?
Do you own car?
How do you travel?
Whats your annual Income?
Any family doctor?
Where is your immidiate family?
What is their status? PR or Citizen?
What does your brother and sister do?
Are they married? Their spouse status?
Where do you stay when you go to your home country?

These were the questions he asked. Whatever I was telling him, he was silently writing each and every point on his notepad.

In the end he said, I will now require 60 days to make a decision on your application. But, I usually don't take time to make decision. Soon you will hear from me.

That is what happend. Lets see whats next... Either Oath Call or Refusal of Citizenship Application.

Reactions: sba

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its interesting because if Judge has residency concerns they issue a RQ like in my case. Not sure why they would call you for Hearing.

khansalmankk said:
To all concerns,

Interview went well. Held for an hour or so. Judge was neutral and asked questions about my residency requirment. I haven't failed the test, he said. 1095 days compeleted as well. The only reason he called me for an interview is to confirm more about my residency in Canada.

I entered his room, he asked me to show my PR Card, All passports (including expired), Landing Paper, Care Card & Driving License.

Then he questioned me about my entry and exit and the reason of travel.
He asked where do I work?
Where do I live?
Whats your house rent?
Who pays it?
Do you own car?
How do you travel?
Whats your annual Income?
Any family doctor?
Where is your immidiate family?
What is their status? PR or Citizen?
What does your brother and sister do?
Are they married? Their spouse status?
Where do you stay when you go to your home country?

These were the questions he asked. Whatever I was telling him, he was silently writing each and every point on his notepad.

In the end he said, I will now require 60 days to make a decision on your application. But, I usually don't take time to make decision. Soon you will hear from me.

That is what happend. Lets see whats next... Either Oath Call or Refusal of Citizenship Application.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Well if there is no issue of 1095 days than am sure you will get the oath letter

soon, if you have fail the test and judge said to you than he was testing your

English while talking to you hopefully will be done... stay positive...

khansalmankk

May 22, 2014
@ vinay..

I have gone through the process of RQ. The reason he interviewed me is that I have lost my passport and that was the serious issue. Though I have submitted a police report but thats not sufficient.

Just waiting for his reponse ...