+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship interview

Wangab

Star Member
Oct 28, 2017
it depends on the information they are looking for mine was about my physical presence she needed to do some verifications but no response yet

canadalove1

Sep 19, 2023
I will have the interview next week (I should fly to Canada). After I received the invitation email for the interview, I saw two ghost updates on the tracker within three days. Any reason?
However, only the citizenship test was marked as completed four months ago (not even the background check). Should I expect anything?

yhastir

Feb 5, 2015
Hi all. After getting my PR, i moved to canada in 2015. IN 2019 I moved to US. After couple months i applied for citizenship. While applying i fulfilled all aspects to apply for citizenship. IN 2020 my PR card got expired and because of some stupidity i did not renew my PR card. Also i passed my test last year. I got couple of emails from IRCC to provide a valid PR Card, which i cant provide it because now i am ineligible to apply for renewal. Online my physical presence is still showing "in progress" . Now i got an email for online interview. Does anyone has any idea about what they will ask or verify from me ?? what type of questions they gonna ask ??

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all. After getting my PR, i moved to canada in 2015. IN 2019 I moved to US. After couple months i applied for citizenship. While applying i fulfilled all aspects to apply for citizenship. IN 2020 my PR card got expired and because of some stupidity i did not renew my PR card. Also i passed my test last year. I got couple of emails from IRCC to provide a valid PR Card, which i cant provide it because now i am ineligible to apply for renewal. Online my physical presence is still showing "in progress" . Now i got an email for online interview. Does anyone has any idea about what they will ask or verify from me ?? what type of questions they gonna ask ??
It’s mainly going to revolve around your residency obligation (RO) whether you still meet the criteria or no since you are living outside of Canada. Keep your documents like passport(s), expired PR card and if incase you had applied for PR card renewal info handy

SAU443

Star Member
Mar 22, 2024
Hi all,
I too received an interview request today and schedule in first week of May.

So, could you please share your interview experience? What to expect in an interview, such as documents and questions? so that we can make necessary preparations.

Reactions: luckyrefugee