Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
Hi folks,

I received an invite for citizenship interview and is scheduled for a week from now. The invite states that I have to present all of my identity documents including PR card. My PR card was lost in January, 2023 and I had applied for its renewal right away. The renewal application is still in process and I dont have my PR card yet. Has anyone gone through the similar experience? I'm worried I might be flagged since I wont have a PR card to present during the interview. Would appreciate any insight. Thanks.

Applied for Citizenship: July 2022
Test Passed: Dec 2022
PR Renewal Application: Jan 2023
Citizenship Interview scheduled: May, 2023

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
There aren't too many choices in this case. Go through the interview; chances are that the officer would already be aware of the loss of your PRC and the application for renewal/replacement.
Whether you get 'flagged' or not, will depend on the merits of your case. Be absolutely sure of the information you have provided in the application and the supporting evidence. Ensure there are no gaps and/or ambiguity. As always, state the facts as they are, even though they may sound weird.

shaheersinn

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
App. Filed.......
16th Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Med's Request
29th May 2016
Med's Done....
6th May 2016
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
25th July 2016
LANDED..........
Scheduled on 12th Aug
There aren't too many choices in this case. Go through the interview; chances are that the officer would already be aware of the loss of your PRC and the application for renewal/replacement.
Whether you get 'flagged' or not, will depend on the merits of your case. Be absolutely sure of the information you have provided in the application and the supporting evidence. Ensure there are no gaps and/or ambiguity. As always, state the facts as they are, even though they may sound weird.
Thanks for the insight. Thats my take on it right now. I had reported to IRCC my loss of PR card and they should have my PR renewal application in their system so hopefully, it wont bother them much. I will state the facts to the best of my ability during the interview.