+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship interview questions

Reshcan

Aug 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been covered but i need some clarification. I got the citizenship interview invite today and i have the following questions:
1. Can i submit the consent form for Microsoft teams and passport color copy (supplimentary document) they have requested in one email together? I believe email address to send both is the same. Is it two business days before the event i need to submit by or two days from today?
2. They are requesting passport and or travel document. Do i also need to add in copy of study permit, work permit, PR etc? (Not sure if these come under travel doc)
3. Some of my entry/exit stamps are from costa rica, dominican, cuba. Mostly just date, entry/exit and airport name in Spanish. The rest of the stamps are in English. All visas stickers are in English too. Do i need to get only these specific stamps translated and attach with my passport email?

I really appreciate it. Thanks!

Stellaluna

Dec 20, 2020
1. yes you can. two days before the event.
2. stick to their requirement. no need to submit anything not on the list.
3. yes. just the stamps would be fine.

Saimaamin

Oct 24, 2022
Hi, did everything work out for you? I am in the same right now, and have emailed the consent form one one email and paspports in another but at the same email address. Would appreciate you sharing your experience after the email. Thank you!

TIGER123

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Hello, so the citizenship interview can be done online and from outside canada right? Only the citizenship oath ceremony, we need to be in canada..? Thank you

Reactions: Dreamlad

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hello, so the citizenship interview can be done online and from outside canada right? Only the citizenship oath ceremony, we need to be in canada..? Thank you
Right.

Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been covered but i need some clarification. I got the citizenship interview invite today and i have the following questions:
1. Can i submit the consent form for Microsoft teams and passport color copy (supplimentary document) they have requested in one email together? I believe email address to send both is the same. Is it two business days before the event i need to submit by or two days from today?
2. They are requesting passport and or travel document. Do i also need to add in copy of study permit, work permit, PR etc? (Not sure if these come under travel doc)
3. Some of my entry/exit stamps are from costa rica, dominican, cuba. Mostly just date, entry/exit and airport name in Spanish. The rest of the stamps are in English. All visas stickers are in English too. Do i need to get only these specific stamps translated and attach with my passport email?

I really appreciate it. Thanks!
they might ask to translate them into English.i did my interviewed oct 6 all the document requested was provided.The lady that interview asked for another document which was not stated in the required paper,then i asked why was it not asked in the requirement then she said,she knows but sometime people bring them along.then she says i may not be scheduled for Oath date but she would send me an email its 3 weeks now,no email was received from them.So i have involved the Federal Mp parliament to intervened.if traveled out and your passport was not stamped into Canada they might give an excuses not to schedule for Oath ceremony.make all the document is taken along with you.

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
No,
You have to be in Canada physically for the citizenship interview. Even if it’s online, the primary condition is to participate in the virtual interview from Canada.
I did both my test and interview outside Canada.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I just got a notification about my interview but I will be out of the country. Will they be able to reschedule?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Perfect! I'm a Nov 2020 applicant. I don't want anything else holding up my application!
You do have to let the interviewer know that you aren’t in Canada but it Won’t prevent the interview. If you have left Canada permanently your application needs to be updated with your current address.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
You do have to let the interviewer know that you aren’t in Canada but it Won’t prevent the interview. If you have left Canada permanently your application needs to be updated with your current address.
Do I have to let them know before? Like when I get the instructions by email or do I have to do it when the interview starts?