+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Question

dave_wintz

Mar 6, 2023
Here is my comments on your points

- Have you been asked to present all your previous and current (expired and not) passports. In my situation I have two current of which only one is biometric and hence been submitted with my citizenship application.
  1. Current and old passport should be with you
  2. You will be only asked to show some pages randomly as per the officer selection from both passport
  3. Officer will cross check with the submitted passport pages
- How long did the interview last?
  1. Approx. 20 Min
- Did they question your travel history, or only physical presence calculator validation?
  1. Officer will double check the physical presence and ask for any clarification
  2. As long as you meet the physical presence requirements , there should be no issue even if you are not in Canada
in my case officer asked if I would be attending the ceremony in Canada and I confirmed that , ceremony invite is sent two weeks in advance to let you prepare

I hope this answers your questions

Good Luck
Thank you so much for your reply!! I don't know how the notification kanded in my junk box and I never returned to appreciate your comments. So, I was on interview and as it turned out I missed to include one of my trips that I had 3,5 years ago to the USA (the stamp was embeded into my passport since this trip was made within 4 months from my previous trip). During the interview officer wondered for how long I was absent from Canada, and at the interview due to my nervous condition I could not remember that trip but recalled it right after interview. I sent her my booking details along with the confirmation of my trip right after the interview over email. The trip was less than 24 hrs and had no impact on my required days (I had a buffer of 10 days at the point of my app submission and the actual absence from Canada was 15 hrs). So, it's been almost 3 weeks since I shared all the proofs and no change on my tracker nor confirmation from the Processing office, as its still showing grey for the other items (Test and Background are green). Any advise how long it may take? Or what to expect? Many thanks for any information!

Reactions: eaelian

dave_wintz

Mar 6, 2023
I had an online interview a week ago (February 28th) and I'm curious if anyone else has had an interview and seen any updates on their tracker? I am still waiting for Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions to be completed. Only "citizenship test" and "background verification" have been completed. Test marked "completed" on November 24th.

Anyone have an idea of how long after interview things usually start moving?
Hello! Wondering if you got an update in your tracker. Quite similar situation with my case. Thank you.

dave_wintz

Mar 6, 2023
I had an online interview a week ago (February 28th) and I'm curious if anyone else has had an interview and seen any updates on their tracker? I am still waiting for Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions to be completed. Only "citizenship test" and "background verification" have been completed. Test marked "completed" on November 24th.

Anyone have an idea of how long after interview things usually start moving?
Hello! Did you get an update on your application? If yes, how long it took from your interview day? Thank you.

eaelian

Feb 8, 2023
Hi All,

I ve go all items completed on the tracker. Any idea how long would it take to be invited to the ceremony ?
it tool almost 3 months for all to be completed

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All,

I ve go all items completed on the tracker. Any idea how long would it take to be invited to the ceremony ?
Wish we had a crystal ball to answer your question.
Maybe you ca. call or even email the office to ask the status on your application (test email should provide your hints which office is managing your application eg SCR means Scarborough, MIS would mean Mississauga, West would mean Vancouver)

fahad83

Oct 12, 2010
Hi All,

Hi, Can you tell me, if Is your application within a normal processing timeline? or does it pass that?
My application already passed the normal processing timeline which is currently 19 months and now after 21 months I received this interview.

eaelian

Feb 8, 2023
Hi, Can you tell me, if Is your application within a normal processing timeline? or does it pass that?
My application already passed the normal processing timeline which is currently 19 months and now after 21 months I received this interview.
Hi,

If the interview goes well, the process should be completed within two months after the interview including the cermony
This is based on my experience