+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fraud - CIC Wins First Case!!

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rayman_m said:
CIC targeted total 3000 citizens who CIC believed acquired citizenship either with submitting fraudelant documents or actually not lived in Canada and unfortunately majority of these applicants are from middle eastern origin. So the first case CIC proved in their favour of such pro-long investigation and many more cases like this will be on the row..

The devastating news for genuine PR who lived in Canada will find real misery in coming days.. CIC may even reject many genuine application just having doubts on residency no matter how much proof one provides..
The new law is *supposed* to help with this by making the rules more narrow and strict. Whether this actually happens is another story.

Anyway I think for most people who have solid residency proof, it will still be no problem (full-time job, etc). It will be the people on the edge with the issues.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes I agree with you. In these days most of immigration systems in overseas airports also computerized and they stamp english in passport on entry and exit (except US & Canada who stamps only on entries but Canada now under automated system w/o stamp). So, one have lived in Canada having family ties but traveled occasionally for family/business reason should be OK.

So the vital proof CIC would be looking a fully covered 4 years passport the same one right from the date of entry stamp in passport as PR by CBSA agent and other subsequent entry/exit stamps from overseas countries (limits to 1 or 2 country), may not be in problem. While other proof (work documents/residence doc/bills/doctors etc) comes to second.. The bottom line is, all other documents can be produced even from overseas except passport with entry/exit stamps which require physical presence..

A single eyebrow raises by CIC on applicant's passport history, will result RQ, CJ and so on...may find RQ, CJ hearing and so on...

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
rayman_m said:
A single eyebrow raises by CIC on applicant's passport history, will result RQ, CJ and so on...
Exactly. All it takes is that one small "crack" in armor that can cause weakness in your application. That one crack will be examined by CIC and they end up examining everything else.

mycanada_app

Feb 28, 2014
I think both parents and children learned a lesson and hope that they dont repeat the wrong doing and behaves as responsible humanbeings.

;D ;D ;D

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
Couldn't recent fraudulent citizens just renounce all citizenships except their Canadian one before they're sentenced? I'm fairly sure that CIC can not and will not make a person stateless.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Swede said:
Couldn't recent fraudulent citizens just renounce all citizenships except their Canadian one before they're sentenced? I'm fairly sure that CIC can not and will not make a person stateless.
Perhaps, but that may invite the CIC to seek criminal prosecution for blatant misrepresentation and have the entire family put in jail.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontosm said:
Perhaps, but that may invite the CIC to seek criminal prosecution for blatant misrepresentation and have the entire family put in jail.
Minor children are innocence as they have not much choice but to follow their parent's footsteps until they find themselves in trouble once they turned to adult.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
rayman_m said:
Minor children are innocence as they follow their parent's footsteps..
They were not minors when they applied. All those involved in this case were adults...

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zardoz said:
They were not minors when they applied. All those involved in this case were adults...
That's sad.. They must have influenced by their parent to tell lie during test/interview with officer..

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
c0mputer said:
;D
have you been touched by jesus or won lotto max or something ? :) i mean you must be getting all this positive attitude in your balcony sipping that very chilled beer of yours i guess ..i want to see you and grab cup of coffee and learn few things on how to chill!!!
i love your attitude towards life .
Haha! touched by jesus. that made me laugh.
I am not usually like that. :D

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
These kind of people affected the whole system not only themselves.
I'm really worried that my application can be hurt when I apply for the citizenship after two or three years (I only landed last year and living in Canada since then).
I'm from middle east and I immigrated from Dubai, where I used to live previously.

I know at least 10 families, living in Dubai, who acquired the Canadian citizenship fraudulently. I have reported all of them to CIC and I hope an action will be taken against them shortly!

Reactions: hamgha

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walmzd said:
I'm really worried that my application can be hurt when I apply for the citizenship after two or three years (I only landed last year and living in Canada since then).
I'm from middle east and I immigrated from Dubai, where I used to live previously.

I know at least 10 families, living in Dubai, who acquired the Canadian citizenship fraudulently. I have reported all of them to CIC and I hope an action will be taken against them shortly!
You reported people to CIC? Ah! Do you have any solid proof of evidence? other than someone said so, my neighbors think so?

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walmzd said:

Did you report it accordingly: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/protection/fraud/report.asp

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
sept15 said:
You reported people to CIC? Ah! Do you have any solid proof of evidence? other than someone said so, my neighbors think so?
I don't have to prove any thing. I gave the info to CIC and it's their job is to investigate.
It's not a complain against these people!

vbomb

Star Member
Aug 26, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
1122 business management consultant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
07-SEP-2010
Nomination.....
23-MAR-2010
AOR Received.
01-SEP-2010
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
No
Med's Request
01-SEP-2010
Med's Done....
17-AUG-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-MAR-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-APR-2011
LANDED..........
19-APR-2011
It took them 6 years to finish this easy case?
All they needed was the travel history from UAE?
lol
Anyways, too bad now everyone is getting the consequence of this with RQ and careful examination