+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fraud - CIC Wins First Case!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So the first fraudulent citizenship case has been decided by the Federal Court in favor of CIC. It explains why the ME and any associations thereof are such a problem for CIC and why CIC is justified (and will argue the case) in closely scrutinizing applicants with any ties to the area! It also shows that CIC if and when they want to will directly go via the relevant immigration authorities and their in country consular intelligence. CIC will likely be getting more applicants withdrawing their citizenship applications.

To summarize:

1. All applicants were Lebanese Citizens - 2 parents, 2 daughters (of majority age at application)
2. Applicants had UAE residence permits.
3. They claimed to be living in Canada other than short visits to Dubai.
4. CIC proved they actually lived in Dubai and made short visits to Canada.
5. Evidence of UAE residence was provided by employment records, UAE Interior Ministry entry/exit records, school records.
6. Applicants blamed their immigration consultant for the fraud but had no records of their own to prove the truthful facts.
7. Applicants perpetuated the 'place/history' of residence misrepresentation in their Canadian Passport application forms. Court proved this was their own action.

So whose fault - the applicants for chancing/ gaming the system and flipping the bird at the immigration laws, CIC for not having checks and balances to catch out the fraud, CBSA for not recording entry/exit data....does it matter? Herein lies the RQ rationale...expect this case to be widely used as a rallying cause for the RQ...many suffer for the mistakes/fraud of a few!

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, what is going to happen to that family...? Are they going to just kick them out of Canada or try to put them in jail....??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HighFive said:
So, what is going to happen to that family...? Are they going to just kick them out of Canada or try to put them in jail....??
Kicked out of Canada.

kelshaer

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They deserve it. Those morons think that abusing and cheating the systems is a smart thing to do. It pisses me off how they are trying to cheat a country that gave them trust and opportunity.

dandash

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They absolutely deserve it ... let it be a good example for those who try to abuse the system

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys let's not talk bad about people.

Cheating the system was very common in the 90s. I have stories about people who are currently Canadian citizens that have cheated the system. Some are friends that their families had reasons behind their actions.

Let this thread be more for educational and information purposes. Ask questions and let's have an open civilized discussion. And for those who think that they are angels, please! We all have cheated many systems in one way or another. People do it for reasons beyond our understanding sometimes.

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farrous13 said:
Guys let's not talk bad about people.

Cheating the system was very common in the 90s. I have stories about people who are currently Canadian citizens that have cheated the system. Some are friends that their families had reasons behind their actions.

Let this thread be more for educational and information purposes. Ask questions and let's have an open civilized discussion. And for those who think that they are angels, please! We all have cheated many systems in one way or another. People do it for reasons beyond our understanding sometimes.
;D
have you been touched by jesus or won lotto max or something ? :) i mean you must be getting all this positive attitude in your balcony sipping that very chilled beer of yours i guess ..i want to see you and grab cup of coffee and learn few things on how to chill!!!
i love your attitude towards life .

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
those people did not hurt themselves, because they did a fraud and most probably they know they were at risk. Actually they hurted all other immigrants because there are some people when they find a scammer they think that all PRs are scammers as well. So many people did like what this family did and many of them are living here in Canada now happily . Bill C-24 is coming to punish those who respect the law and are honest. Those who commited the fraud are living happily!!!! I think the immigration consultants are the main problem in that issue they encourage people to do so to gain money from them.

tormenta

Mar 3, 2014
Do you have a link? Or at least the name so we can look it up in the Federal Court's website?

Msafiri said:
So the first fraudulent citizenship case has been decided by the Federal Court in favor of CIC. It explains why the ME and any associations thereof are such a problem for CIC and why CIC is justified (and will argue the case) in closely scrutinizing applicants with any ties to the area! It also shows that CIC if and when they want to will directly go via the relevant immigration authorities and their in country consular intelligence. CIC will likely be getting more applicants withdrawing their citizenship applications.

To summarize:

1. All applicants were Lebanese Citizens - 2 parents, 2 daughters (of majority age at application)
2. Applicants had UAE residence permits.
3. They claimed to be living in Canada other than short visits to Dubai.
4. CIC proved they actually lived in Dubai and made short visits to Canada.
5. Evidence of UAE residence was provided by employment records, UAE Interior Ministry entry/exit records, school records.
6. Applicants blamed their immigration consultant for the fraud but had no records of their own to prove the truthful facts.
7. Applicants perpetuated the 'place/history' of residence misrepresentation in their Canadian Passport application forms. Court proved this was their own action.

So whose fault - the applicants for chancing/ gaming the system and flipping the bird at the immigration laws, CIC for not having checks and balances to catch out the fraud, CBSA for not recording entry/exit data....does it matter? Herein lies the RQ rationale...expect this case to be widely used as a rallying cause for the RQ...many suffer for the mistakes/fraud of a few!

Mona_Barca

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tormenta said:
Do you have a link? Or at least the name so we can look it up in the Federal Court's website?
Click on the word " first fraudulent" in the original post as it contains the link.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Msafiri said:
It's why I have a low tolerance for people who intentionally try to milk the system. You'll see some people go "what is the big deal if they try to cheat the system? They aren't hurting anyone". This is how they hurt everyone. It takes a few bad apples to give immigrants a bad name and viewed as suspicion. It makes CIC implement stuff like RQs which sticks your application in limbo forever.

penpoint

Apr 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaylink said:
Because of those type of people, the file processing time be longer
Very true. We are the ones who are seeing the consequences of those irresponsible actions.

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CIC targeted total 3000 citizens who CIC believed acquired citizenship either with submitting fraudelant documents or actually not lived in Canada and unfortunately majority of these applicants are from middle eastern origin. So the first case CIC proved in their favour of such pro-long investigation and many more cases like this will be on the row..

The devastating news for genuine PR who lived in Canada will find real misery in coming days.. CIC may even reject many genuine application just having doubts on residency no matter how much proof one provides..

I also know one businessman from south Asia who never lived in Canada and acquired his citizenship in 2007/08 with help of his nephew and immigration consultant some time in who made lots of counterfeited documents and even managed to got MP's letter (as they misrepresented to the MP) and finally he goth passport. I believe he is in the investigation limbo now..