+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship form- gap between study permit and work permit

amirmousavi

Mar 7, 2015
Hi everyone,

I’m filling out the citizenship form. The problem is that my Study permit was expired in August 2015 but I got my Work permit in October 2015, however I had applied for my post graduate work permit before the study permit expires.
Now I don’t want to leave a gap in the form, but on the form it specifically asks for the expiry date of each permit.

Should I change the study permit expiry date and attach a cover letter for explaination?
I just don’t want to leave a gap nor I want to make it complicated for the officer :)

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Any comments will be appreciated !

zombiezombie

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I’m filling out the citizenship form. The problem is that my Study permit was expired in August 2015 but I got my Work permit in October 2015, however I had applied for my post graduate work permit before the study permit expires.
Now I don’t want to leave a gap in the form, but on the form it specifically asks for the expiry date of each permit.

Should I change the study permit expiry date and attach a cover letter for explaination?
I just don’t want to leave a gap nor I want to make it complicated for the officer :)

Thanks for your comments in advance.
Any comments will be appreciated !
From August 2015 to October 2015 - you may put your status as Implied as you have applied for the permit. You may want to add your supporting documentation for this.

Reactions: amirmousavi

amirmousavi

Mar 7, 2015
Thank you so much!
What about the physical presence form? Because I have to select either International student, or worker, ... and the online form does not include the implied status option. Should I leave a gap on this form ?

From August 2015 to October 2015 - you may put your status as Implied as you have applied for the permit. You may want to add your supporting documentation for this.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
Thank you so much!
What about the physical presence form? Because I have to select either International student, or worker, ... and the online form does not include the implied status option. Should I leave a gap on this form ?
Can't you put in "visitor" or "implied"? I think you should be able to.

Ritzy1234

Nov 21, 2023
Hello, I am in the same situation where I don't know which status to put for the 30-day gap between my study and work permit, as there's no option for implied status. Is there anyone who can guide me?