+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for Students who never work??

UB-Delhi

Aug 18, 2017
Dear,Experience members of this forum.
I have a question i am in Canada since January 2013 on PR as family sponsorship.
When I came to Canada they not aspect my degree here so I started my study again which is over just few months back I do get some credit for my overseas degree but I never work in Canada till last month I just start working now so,my husband filled his tax and mine as well but my income always zero can I still apply for citizenship or I have to wait few years pay the tax and get citizenship kindly help me...Thanks a lot

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question i am in Canada since January 2013 on PR as family sponsorship.
When I came to Canada they not aspect my degree here so I started my study again which is over just few months back I do get some credit for my overseas degree but I never work in Canada till last month I just start working now so,my husband filled his tax and mine as well but my income always zero can I still apply for citizenship or I have to wait few years pay the tax and get citizenship kindly help me...Thanks a lot
As long as you fulfill the residence requirements and filed taxes you are OK. You don't need to have any income.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should still have been filing tax returns each year as a student. You may have missed out on tax credits you could have transferred to your husband if you filed jointly.

UB-Delhi

Aug 18, 2017
You should still have been filing tax returns each year as a student. You may have missed out on tax credits you could have transferred to your husband if you filed jointly.
Thank you so much I check with my husband he filed my tax each year since I am here thanks for help all I really appreciate thanks again.