+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship for minor

crystal13

Jan 26, 2020
Hi Everyone. Please help me with this query I have
So the application guide for citizenship application for minors mentions that 2 pieces of personal identification are required for the child, one of which needs to have a photo on it.
The examples mentioned are health card and school record. None of these two have photo on them, they are not photo ID.
Is it ok to submit the passport as a personal identification document even if it is not mentioned as an example?

taivoi

Jul 4, 2011
Visa Office......
Singapore
So the application guide for citizenship application for minors mentions that 2 pieces of personal identification are required for the child, one of which needs to have a photo on it.
The examples mentioned are health card and school record. None of these two have photo on them, they are not photo ID.
Is it ok to submit the passport as a personal identification document even if it is not mentioned as an example?
Yes, 2 copies of child ‘s passport .

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
All school records have a photo on it. in which province you are?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
British Columbia. I checked with the school and they said they can't provide a photo ID
Crystal, just use Passport as one of the personal identification document & another will be Health insurance card.

Someone on this forum mentioned that they have called CIC in regards to personal identification document & CIC mentioned that the applicant can even use a expired passport as a personal identification document.

Ladymarie

Star Member
Jul 1, 2020
Hi everyone, please I need your help around police certificate for my kid. He spent 250 days outside Canada after landing as PR. For most of the 250 days away, he was under 14yrs. After he turned 14, he spent only 95days before returning to Canada fully. Would he need to provide a police certificate? Thanks for all your feedbacks!