+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship file INPROCESS--Indian passport expired and got the new one.

neo2379

Jan 7, 2014
Hello

I applied for my canadian citizenship and my file is in process.Now my Indian passport is expiried and i got the new passport.

Do i need to notify my new passport number to CIC callcenter or immigration.
I read some where that 4 year prior to the application sign date is taken into consideartion and any changes after that,no need to notify CIC/Immigration

Can some one advise.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neo2379 said:
Hello

I applied for my canadian citizenship and my file is in process.Now my Indian passport is expiried and i got the new passport.

Do i need to notify my new passport number to CIC callcenter or immigration.
I read some where that 4 year prior to the application sign date is taken into consideartion and any changes after that,no need to notify CIC/Immigration

Can some one advise.
You still have the old passport in hand, right?
I don't think you have to notify them as long as you have the old passport with you.

neo2379

Jan 7, 2014
Hello,

Yes i still hold the old passport.(All my old canada visa,USA visiting visa,stamps) are in old passport.New passport is attachted to it.

Thanks

yafayu

May 8, 2011
I have the same situation as you. If your passport expired after you applied citizenship, you don't have to notify CIC. Just bring all of your new/old passport to the test/interview.
neo2379 said:
Hello,

Yes i still hold the old passport.(All my old canada visa,USA visiting visa,stamps) are in old passport.New passport is attachted to it.

Thanks