Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
I have been called for my citizenship test to Vancouver on Feb 18, does anyone know what the timeline after this ?
My PR card expires in August do i need to reapply for a new one ??

I had applied for citizenship in January of 2015 from Edmonton Alberta.

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Are you from Victoria, why the ask you to do test in Vancouver ? That's weird

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
It should be cernoney and test in next Febraury , I did my test last October and we have been told the Oath is going to be in Febrary, yet No invitation have been received neither Ecase changed, hope to hear from them very soon .

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
VTG said:
I have been called for my citizenship test to Vancouver on Feb 18, does anyone know what the timeline after this ?
My PR card expires in August do i need to reapply for a new one ??

I had applied for citizenship in January of 2015 from Edmonton Alberta.
Overall the processing by the CIC offices in west coast is quite fast. Judging by the pace of processing by Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary offices, max it could be 2 months or earlier for your Oath Invitation provided you dont have excessive overseas travel or land crossings.

Be positive, wish you all the best.

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
I am from Victoria, i got a call mid January asking if i would travel to Vancouver for my test since they do not know when they will be in Victoria to take the test. Hopefully all goes well :)

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VTG said:
I am from Victoria, i got a call mid January asking if i would travel to Vancouver for my test since they do not know when they will be in Victoria to take the test. Hopefully all goes well :)
So by the sounds of it, there won't be any session in Victoria in February? Does that mean everybody in Victoria will have to go to Vancouver for tests/oaths I wonder.

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Grilka said:
So by the sounds of it, there won't be any session in Victoria in February? Does that mean everybody in Victoria will have to go to Vancouver for tests/oaths I wonder.
When we did the test last October the officer clearly mention that the Oath it's going to be in Febraury or March 2016 !! Hopefully we will not go to Vancouver after all that waiting .

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alhotmany said:
When we did the test last October the officer clearly mention that the Oath it's going to be in Febraury or March 2016 !! Hopefully we will not go to Vancouver after all that waiting .
So he also said March! I see. I personally wouldn't mind to go to Vancouver if that mean me being done with this years long waiting and me holding a citizenship certificate.
Well, it all means the same - more waiting. I'm just so mad they don't at least tell you WHAT the decision is!

thanks for the update

alhotmany

Star Member
May 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 28,2015
AOR Received.
Not yet
File Transfer...
Not yet
Finally there's update on the website for ceremonies in Victoria , March 15,16 2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/citcer/search-recherche-eng.aspx
Please if you got invitation letter next weeks
Thanks

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
I had my test on Feb 18 in Vancouver and was given a letter which basically congratulated me and told me I will be getting an email confirming which date my oath is March 14 week in Victoria. The officer said I should get the email sometime next week and keep an eye on my ecas.

Le Tachaque

Jan 15, 2016
VTG said:
I had my test on Feb 18 in Vancouver and was given a letter which basically congratulated me and told me I will be getting an email confirming which date my oath is March 14 week in Victoria. The officer said I should get the email sometime next week and keep an eye on my ecas.
I can confirm I'm on the same boat. Which means we were probably in the same room and actually saw each other. Too bad, we could have had a coffee together ;) So to answer other people asking, yes, I believe pretty much every Victoria applicant without anything particularly "interesting" about their application probably got contacted with the same thing. I overheard people talking about this on the ferry as well. It's perfectly understandable since they don't have an office in Victoria and doing this simplifies things for the applicant AND for the CIC.

But anyway, if we both get invited to the oath in Victoria around that time, this will serve as a great reference to other people in the same situation in the near future. I believe it'll likely happen to other island applicants who have applied before June 11th.

So see you here in town in 3 weeks, I guess? :)

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Wonderful
A friend who gave her exam oct 2015, got a letter for oath March 15 !!!

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
I got an email NOTICE TO APPEAR, my oath is in Victoria March 15th !!!! :D

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VTG said:
I got an email NOTICE TO APPEAR, my oath is in Victoria March 15th !!!! :D
I didn't know CIC contacts people via email! Is it something new? How long was the email?
thanks

VTG

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Edmonton
App. Filed.......
2015-01-29
AOR Received.
2015-03-10
File Transfer...
2015-06-02
Usually just the AOR is via email but in my case since I had to go to Vancouver for my test and the oath ceremony was in a less than a month in Victoria I was told I would get an email. All applicants from Victoria were told to write their email addresses on the letter for citizenship exam.