+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Examination

harypaul

Mar 5, 2018
Hi! Good day!
I am in a dilemma and hope some knowledgeable person will provide me with correct information from this forum.

Immigrated to Canada in 2000 and left my family there in Ontario. After three years, applied for Citizenship
along with my family. I did not mention my absence from Canada in my application. All of us were asked to provide proof of our stay in Canada during citizenship examination. MY family did not have any problem and was cleared. Since I had a new passport which was not showing all my absence from Canada, I thought I will be able to get through. Things did not happen that way. They cleared my family and told me to get my old passport as a proof of my stay in Canada. My family members are Canadian citizens since 2005.

Since I was not willing to show my old passport, I decided to withdraw my application and left Canada. I had informed the immigration Canada that I could not find suitable job and hence leaving for good. However, I had my PR valid till end-2008 and hence visited my family few times in between. I finally surrendered my PR way back in 2009 in a Canadian consulate abroad. I was provided documents showing my surrendering PR.

Now, since my spouse is a Canadian, CAN MY SPOUSE BE ABLE TO SPONSOR ME UNDER FAMILY CLASS EVEN THOUGH I HAD SURRENDERED MY PR EARLIER AND I DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH TO CANADIAN IMMIGRATION ? IT IS ALMOST 10 YEARS SINCE I HAD SURRENDERED MY PR. MY I DO NOT HAVE ANY CRIMINAL CONVICTION REGARDING THE SAME OR FOR ANY OTHER MATTER. I SINCERELY REGRET MY PAST ACTION AND WANT A WAY OUT OF THIS DILEMMA. NEEDS SOMEONE TO GUIDE ME AS TO WHAT I SHOULD DO NOW.

THANKS FOR TAKING YOUR TIME TO READ MY PROBLEM.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010