+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship exam : French or English ?

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
On our application , the language of communication with CIC is French for me and English for my wife.
Do I have to take the test in French ? If yes , could I then change the language of communication and how ?
I would appreciate your input.

Camissa

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At our exam in Montreal, the test booklets contained both English and French versions.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
SerenityNow said:
At our exam in Montreal, the test booklets contained both English and French versions.
Thanks Serenity.............we are applying from Montreal. I could then choose to answer the questions in English or French. Right ?

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amissa said:
Thanks Serenity.............we are applying from Montreal. I could then choose to answer the questions in English or French. Right ?
Have you not read in Discover Canada how French and English have equal status in parliament and throughout the government? Any applicant will have the choice to take the test in English or French regardless of which language was selected in the application.

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amissa said:
The answer sheet is multiple choice or T/F where you fill in the circle to select your answer. There really is no language difference.

The questions are in English and French. It's your choice which set you want to read.

You are instructed to place the answer sheet inside the test booklet before returning it to them. This is important because there are different versions of the test at the same exam time. My husband and I noticed we had some different questions. I don't know if all questions were different.

amissa

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
SerenityNow said:
The answer sheet is multiple choice or T/F where you fill in the circle to select your answer. There really is no language difference.

The questions are in English and French. It's your choice which set you want to read.

You are instructed to place the answer sheet inside the test booklet before returning it to them. This is important because there are different versions of the test at the same exam time. My husband and I noticed we had some different questions. I don't know if all questions were different.
Thanks Serenity ..........+1