Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
12-Aug-2016
Hi
I am living outside Canada while working for a Canadian Employer, and getting paid and paying taxes in Canada.
Is my time (over a year) spent outside Canada counted towards citizenship application?

Please advise.

NA

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Zawan said:
Hi
I am living outside Canada while working for a Canadian Employer, and getting paid and paying taxes in Canada.
Is my time (over a year) spent outside Canada counted towards citizenship application?

Please advise.

NA
No, unless it is the Federal/Provincial Governments or Military.

Zawan

Feb 13, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
12-Aug-2016
PMM said:
Hi

No, unless it is the Federal/Provincial Governments or Military.
Thanks,
Can you provide me reference, is it in black and white or just assumption?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can see it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp05-eng.pdf - Page 13.

There is a clause allowing PR spouses of Canadians to count days spent outside Canada towards citizenship but only if the Canadian spouse is working for Canada public service, provinces or armed forces.

You could apply and claim exceptional circumstances but if you do, your application will be taking the slow boat through the system. In the end, it will end up with a citizenship judge and you would probably be called for an interview to explain what is so special about you that you should not have to meet the same requirements as everybody else.

Also keep in mind that you must be residing in Canada when you apply.

Zawan

Feb 13, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
12-Aug-2016
Leon said:
You can see it here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/cp/cp05-eng.pdf - Page 13.

There is a clause allowing PR spouses of Canadians to count days spent outside Canada towards citizenship but only if the Canadian spouse is working for Canada public service, provinces or armed forces.

You could apply and claim exceptional circumstances but if you do, your application will be taking the slow boat through the system. In the end, it will end up with a citizenship judge and you would probably be called for an interview to explain what is so special about you that you should not have to meet the same requirements as everybody else.

Also keep in mind that you must be residing in Canada when you apply.

Many Thanks Leon