New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016
Hi all,

I have become a Canadian citizen last month. My daughter who was born in 2019 and has Indian citizenship has become a permanent resident in July 2021 (I sponsored her).

Would my daughter be eligible for applying for Canadian citizenship under subsection 5(2) ? I believe there is no "# of days" requirement if a Canadian parent is applying, I just wanted to get some more info as I don't want to get her application rejected after sending it out.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi all,

I have become a Canadian citizen last month. My daughter who was born in 2019 and has Indian citizenship has become a permanent resident in July 2021 (I sponsored her).

Would my daughter be eligible for applying for Canadian citizenship under subsection 5(2) ? I believe there is no "# of days" requirement if a Canadian parent is applying, I just wanted to get some more info as I don't want to get her application rejected after sending it out.
1. No, under 5(2) she would have to be applying at the same time as you. You are already a citizen.
2, So she would have to apply under 5(1)

Read the instructions: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/eligibility/minors.html

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Your daughter is eligible under 5(2) and you should apply.

To be eligible for Canadian citizenship under subsection 5(2), you, the minor:

• must be under 18 years of age on the day you sign the application;
  • must be a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada;
  • must have at least one parent (includes legally adoptive parent) who is a Canadian citizen or who will become a citizen at the same time as you (applying together as a family);
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-canadian-citizenship-minors.html

uvsrsk

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
28-08-2015
Passport Req..
15-01-2016