+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship denied and application for leave dismissed

ezkl

May 12, 2016
Hi, this is my first time on the forum
Any one has knowledge about any case that was denied citizenship and also the application for leave in the following situation:
- applied when was 18 and half years
-shortage of days because of travel with the family during vacations ( all when I was below 18)
-traveled after application to purse medical studies,but comes every vacation back to Canada
-3 years of high school was in Canada
- all documented in in RQ and self declared on the application

I would really appreciate your input..I am disappointed and do not know what to do

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
It was a big mess under the Old rules because the SJ could verdict absolutely similar applications in a totally different way. Somebody in your situation will be granted and some will be denied.

I know it sounds absurd but this is how the system worked under the old rules.

ezkl

May 12, 2016
Thank you Politren for your reply, the application,RQ, citizenship test and officer interview were under old rules, the the CJ hearing and the application for leave between Nov 2015 and May 2016. The decision of CJ of dismissing the leave was ordered in less than 5 days!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
CJs cant dismiss an application for leave to appeal. That comes from a federal court justice. Are you sure you have the flow of events correct? In any event, if your leave to appeal has been dismissed, your only real option is to apply again when you meet the requirements.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
ezkl said:
Any one has knowledge about any case that was denied citizenship and also the application for leave in the following situation:
-shortage of days because of travel with the family during vacations ( all when I was below 18)
-traveled after application to purse medical studies,but comes every vacation back to Canada

I would really appreciate your input..I am disappointed and do not know what to do
I'm not sure why you are disappointed. you applied without meeting the requirements, and immediate left the country after your application. Why did you expect the rules to not apply to your case?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
torontosm said:
I'm not sure why you are disappointed. you applied without meeting the requirements, and immediate left the country after your application. Why did you expect the rules to not apply to your case?
What rules? You know there was flexibility and confusion surrounding the meaning of "residence" prior to the coming into force of C-24.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
ezkl said:

Sometimes these CIC officers are sort of unruly because they were cleaning toilets at pearson airport as a refugee at the age of 35 (not all of them but many of them). It took them 11-12 years to become citizen and almost at the age of 50, got a job at CIC as an officer. Well, get a US educated Immigration Lawyer if you are too young to get that status because a 50 year old looser decided your fortune by denial.

See that's where Capitalism and its value comes in. If you are too different to do something then be too powerful to buy other powerfuls. Jian Ghomeshi's example is fantastic. Had he not hired that Columbia University School of Law graduate lawyer heidi or soemthing he was done!! If he had hired some sort of Winnipeg lawyer then he was done even before trial!! ;D ;D ;D ;D no offense to Winnipeg but this is how the Canada rolls. Get a top notch Lawyer with either US degree, US ties, American Bar Association Membership or US office and get him represent you but that will require money if you have.

Infact your case might not require having all above. It is a simple case of an very young applicant relatively. Nothing is wrong with having your case represented by Canadian Immigration Lawyer either. so see what works out for ya.

ezkl

May 12, 2016
Thank you everyone for your input.
I have checked again with another lawyer and he told me that my only option now is to apply again when I complete the physical residency days. I think I am done now,since my program of study is long with very short holidays. My family now Canadian and I am not !!!!! :'(

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
johnr said:
Cic denied granting you citizenship because they "feel" your not going to stay.

Apply again in a few year "if" you did stayed. If this happens again, that'll be ground for suing them and getting rich off the government. lol
Well, since your gonna be a Doctor, better America for you. Easy for doctors to immigrate there.
On what grounds would the lawsuit proceed?