+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship delayed

Rosebud

Oct 12, 2012
Hey,

Don't worry it takes approximate 12 to 15 mths as they are usually in backlog. I also applied in Aug 2009 and I received my test date in Nov 2010. It all depends on office u have applied with as Vancouver office takes more time than others. :(

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012 -IMM & Supp Forms
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 2013 along with RePCC
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
Rosebud said:
Hey,

Don't worry it takes approximate 12 to 15 mths as they are usually in backlog. I also applied in Aug 2009 and I received my test date in Nov 2010. It all depends on office u have applied with as Vancouver office takes more time than others. :(
MINE IS SASKATCHEWAN AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY ARE SOOOO SLOWWWWW

sdet03

Dec 20, 2011
Hi Guys,

I applied for my citizenship in October 2011, but it just started processing in Nov 2012. Here is what the application online status says:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 11, 2011.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 11, 2011. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on November 9, 2012.
Now when I applied I was living in Montreal, but I move to Toronto after applying. Now I am not sure if it will be transferred to the right visa office in right time. I want to call CIC up and talk with the agent. But now sure what questions to ask. Any one have any suggestion here?

danme

Dec 17, 2012
Hi,

Call anyday around 7:55 am...you will be able to go into the call queue. I tried that way and worked. Now they put an e-mail available to ask questions in some situations, if you fit in, they will answer.

aisha1

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Please help me
Islamabad return my baby's application for citizenship n passport
I'm suppose to rewrite on the Forms they sent me or I'm suppose to submit new for
??

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
i applied for my Citizenship in Montreal since November 2009 and till now i have no answer from them and no test date scheduled :(

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabii said:
yes, i know the processing time but the ppl who applied with me or before me have already appeared for the test and i am still waiting...
That's why its an average time some will be earlier than you and some will be later. Unless you know their profile and what their local office is then you can't really compare your situations objectively.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Miltondan said:
My religion is ISLAM In my opinion they doing this because of my religion :(
With respect this is a subjective statement...do you have any statistics on religion being an issue for applicants?

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
luckily i was able to contact CIC and as per them they did background checks in middle of this year.. and after that complete silence... the lady said 21 months is the average time it could take more than that...
i was concerned because ppl who applied with me and after me had already appeared for exam months ago......

medimawla

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
sabii said:
Hi,

I applied for citizenship in June 2011 and still waiting for a response from them... my status was updated to "in process" in may 2012 but i have not still got the date for citizenship test. could someone please provide me with the email address i can contact CIC.. i have been trying to contact them via fone but whenever i call them its on voice msg...
Also does anyone have any idea when i can expect the test date?

Thanks a bunch!
ctually i applied since November 2009 , in August 2011 i received a RQ and they requested for all documents such as , taxes, school, bail, hydro, telephone, bank account statements, credit cards statements, everything that can be proof , i sent to them and i did interview in January 2012 with the agent in Montreal and she was convinced 100% that i lived in Canada 1095 days, yeah one more think she asked for the entries and exit from my country, and finally she said we don't trust your country and all papers are coming from there fake

sabii

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2010
Visa Office......
Islamabad (Husband Case)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Sept 2011
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 2013
finally i am scheduled for citizenship test yayyy but i have only 5 days for preparation...
could someone please help me and let me know whats the pattern of test? how many questions we have to answer and are those all multiple choice questions etc etc?