+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - decision made in ECAS Feb 16, 2018 but no letter yet

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Becoming Canadian is not only about acquiring the amazing benefits but it's also embracing the culture and learning the history - you'll find it fascinating - trust me. :)
I agree. Reading the book makes you feel proud of the country that how it actually originated and where it is today

Reactions: whizlon

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Before we took the test, the CO warned us to not post/share the questions on social media, otherwise, they may cancel our citizenship. I gotta admit I over prepared for the test. The only advice I can give you is, study the Discover Canada book and practice a lot with the online tests, and you'll do great! ;)
I see thanks no wonder why i see nothing online lol on past questions. Do question on those practice site actually come out? Which site do you recommend the most thanjs

Reactions: Balboul

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I called CIC today. They told me my oath ceremony is on March 12 yayyyy
And they said the oath letter may come anytime soon.
If you're waiting for your letter and it's been nearly 2 weeks, I'd encourage you to call CIC

Good luck everyone

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
If you're waiting for your letter and it's been nearly 2 weeks, I'd encourage you to call CIC

Good luck everyone

Thanks for the info

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
I see thanks no wonder why i see nothing online lol on past questions. Do question on those practice site actually come out? Which site do you recommend the most thanjs
As we said a million times, study the book and try that link that I shared in the thread. To be honest with you, I tried multiple practice tests online, which helped a little but also complicated my preparations. As I previously shared, try those flash cards along with the practice test questions from the link I shared. The flash card content is pretty much a simplified version of the discover Canada book, which made the preparation experience an enjoyable one.

engrAyan

Jul 9, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I ve applied for citizenship and couple of days ago I got a mail from cic that they received my application for citizenship and it's under review. I am wondering how long it 'll take for the citizenship test?

Thank you
Ayan

Reactions: whizlon

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I ve applied for citizenship and couple of days ago I got a mail from cic that they received my application for citizenship and it's under review. I am wondering how long it 'll take for the citizenship test?

Thank you
Ayan
It varies in the area that you're in. It took me appox 5 months to receive my notice appear letter from the date I submitted my application. Carry on with your life as usual and before you know it, you'll receive your letter.

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
It varies in the area that you're in. It took me appox 5 months to receive my notice appear letter from the date I submitted my application. Carry on with your life as usual and before you know it, you'll receive your letter.
and im just on the out skirts of the Vancouver area by the way

morenawella

Oct 23, 2012
Hi everyone,
I pass the citizenship test today but my wife didn’t unfortunately. What’s going to happen now for my application knowing that we applied as a family?

Thanks for your response.

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017

Good luck everyone
I am DM since 02/09/2018 so I would need to wait one more week or so than I will call them

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I am DM since 02/09/2018 so I would need to wait one more week or so than I will call them
Please i have one question i m in process now
Did u recieve a physical letter to ur home for the test or just email also did in process change on line when u get the letter or after u get letter

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Please i have one question i m in process now
Did u recieve a physical letter to ur home for the test or just email also did in process change on line when u get the letter or after u get letter
I received a physical letter. If you do receive that letter, do not lose it. you will need it for your test date. Keep checking your emails including the spam folder. Good luck.