+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship - decision made in ECAS Feb 16, 2018 but no letter yet

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi all,

I aced my citizenship test on Feb 1st 2018 and had an interview with a CO afterward, which I believe turned out fine. The CO told me they'll get back to me in a month or two. Last week Friday, I logged into my ECAS and saw "decision made." Is this looking good?

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Hi all,

I aced my citizenship test on Feb 1st 2018 and had an interview with a CO afterward, which I believe turned out fine. The CO told me they'll get back to me in a month or two. Last week Friday, I logged into my ECAS and saw "decision made." Is this looking good?
Congratulations
How was the test
Would u mind telling us about the wuestions please

Reactions: Tomatopicker

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi all,

Yes please what were questions like

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Hi all,

First of all, congrats on the test and interview.
I never received a letter for oath, but only an email. My decision made was the day after the test and email with oath invitation came 6 weeks later.

Reactions: whizlon

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
First of all, congrats on the test and interview.
I never received a letter for oath, but only an email. My decision made was the day after the test and email with oath invitation came 6 weeks later.
I see congrats, Stef. It's been under a month since I took my test, so I guess my letter may come anytime soon.

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Before we took the test, the CO warned us to not post/share the questions on social media, otherwise, they may cancel our citizenship. I gotta admit I over prepared for the test. The only advice I can give you is, study the Discover Canada book and practice a lot with the online tests, and you'll do great! ;)
For your interview, please make sure you can give an account for all your absences from Canada. Make sure you bring all the documents and passport that they require of you.

Last edited:

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Congratulations
How was the test
Would u mind telling us about the questions please
Thanks. The test was fine. But for those who don't study the Discover Canada and practice the sample quizzes will find it extremely difficult.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi all,

I passed my test with 20/20
DM on ecas the very next day.
Still waiting for oath letter
I would say be patient (like me). We are almost there.
I have seen many people saying the same thing like DM early and letter after few weeks.
Lets see

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
I passed my test with 20/20
DM on ecas the very next day.
Still waiting for oath letter
I would say be patient (like me). We are almost there.
I have seen many people saying the same thing like DM early and letter after few weeks.
Lets see
Which online resources did u use for prepaation test
Thank u

whizlon

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Which online resources did u use for preparation test
Thank u
Google Richmond Library citizenship test. In addition to the practice multiple choice tests, take advantage of the other helpful resources such as the flash cards, which I found extremely helpful. Please don't rely on these resources alone. Make time to study the Discover Canada booklet as well.

Becoming Canadian is not only about acquiring the amazing benefits but it's also embracing the culture and learning the history - you'll find it fascinating - trust me. :)

Balboul

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
Google Richmond Library citizenship test. In addition to the practice multiple choice tests, take advantage of the other helpful resources such as the flash cards, which I found extremely helpful. Please don't rely on these resources alone. Make time to study the Discover Canada booklet as well.

Becoming Canadian is not only about acquiring the amazing benefits but it's also embracing the culture and learning the history - you'll find it fascinating - trust me. :)

My question is can u please put the link of those flash cards
For dicover canada book i ll read it for sure