Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Hello, So I already received AOR of my citizenship application, if I want to change my last name as I am still using the last name of my ex husband we I have the divorced certificate that is granted here in Alberta, can I change my last name before reaching a decision to my application? I was thinking to wait till I received my certificate of citizenship when the time comes then have them change my surname back to my fathers surname.

I am also a Filipino citizen, and I got married back home but filed and granted divorce here in Canada. I know that once became a Canadian citizen I automatically renounce my Filipino Citizenship not unless I apply for dual citizenship is this correct? If this is the case and I want to change my surname back to my fathers surname, Can I do so without having any complications entering Philippines one day with a Canadian passport and my name being switch back to fathers surname?

I really hope I am making sense with what I am seeking advice with. Thank you so much everyone in advance for helping me out with this.

Last edited: