+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate sent in April but never recieved for child born to Canad

Divinity

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-04-2015
Doc's Request.
08-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-06-2015
File Transfer...
15-06-2015
Med's Done....
19-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Soon
I received a call from Kingston visa office saying that my daughter's citizenship certificate was mailed to my representative in April. When I called the representative she said she never received it. Now she is talking about applying for a replacement when I have to land in Canada with my daughter soon. Can I still apply for a Canadian passport for my daughter 1yr old even though the certificate was issued? We did not receive it and to apply for a replacement and the passport might take too much time and I have to leave the country.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
Divinity said:
I received a call from Kingston visa office saying that my daughter's citizenship certificate was mailed to my representative in April. When I called the representative she said she never received it. Now she is talking about applying for a replacement when I have to land in Canada with my daughter soon. Can I still apply for a Canadian passport for my daughter 1yr old even though the certificate was issued? We did not receive it and to apply for a replacement and the passport might take too much time and I have to leave the country.
If you want to get the certificate in order to travel to Canada, there is a different option offered by Embassies for urgent travels. Please check the closest embassy's website, there will be a solution.