Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-01-2015
Hi all

I have applied for a citizenship certificate via the Canadian embassy in Ireland on the basis that I was born to a Canadian citizen (my mom). I was born in 1987, and my mom received her Canadian citizenship via naturalization in 1983. She has been a Canadian citizen ever since. I've been living in Ireland since 1988.

I emailed the Canadian consulate in London and the Canadian embassy in Ireland in regards to where to post my application, they both told me to post it to the Canadian embassy in ireland.

I sent my application office on march 12th. Haven't heard from them since.

So..I'm just wondering how long do I have to wait till I get a letter of approval or something?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marina_quelle said:
I sent my application office on march 12th. Haven't heard from them since.

So..I'm just wondering how long do I have to wait till I get a letter of approval or something?
I don't know if you will get an acknowledgement letter first but according to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/certif-processing.asp it takes 6 months to get the citizenship certificate if you apply from within Canada and add 3-4 months if you are not so 9-10 months total. This has actually improved because the last time I checked, the processing times were over a year.

After you get the citizenship certificate, you can apply for a Canadian passport.