File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Certificate received today..... Finally.... NOW PASSPORT
Congrats. finally, the journey is over.

Did the certificate come in your mailbox or do you have to personally receive it and sign the receipt?

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Well, stamp data is 19 Jan & we received it 22 Jan.
It came our post box with lot of takecare restrictions.

One thing i really want to share with all of you.
Its almost 5 month after oath we received that and i will going to be more 5 months maybe, if i didn't take some steps, also for your information our spouse sponsorship also stuck in canada from last 1 year.

So what we did. We hire a toronto attorney highcourt lawyer on 10 jan and he call ircc with some technical words then next day status change to complete and Certificate received also our sponsorship application approve and move to VO london.

There is message for all of you in above story...

If we do all our self how immigration lawyer, consult, there office employees feed there children. Maybe ircc deliberately delay to wait when person hire consultant, will do client work.....

Just my thought.... Can be wrong.. But i experience this.

abrakadabra

Oct 21, 2016

Its almost 5 month after oath we received that and i will going to be more 5 months maybe, if i didn't take some steps, also for your information our spouse sponsorship also stuck in canada from last 1 year.

So what we did. We hire a toronto attorney highcourt lawyer on 10 jan and he call ircc with some technical words then next day status change to complete and Certificate received also our sponsorship application approve and move to VO london.

If we do all our self how immigration lawyer, consult, there office employees feed there children. Maybe ircc deliberately delay to wait when person hire consultant, will do client work.....

can you share attorney contacts please? PM is fine so people don't think it's advertising. Thanks

Reactions: alex_123

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020

Congratulations Zindabad. Ottawa office is either over stressed with work or their staff is on leave. I received my certificate as well couple of days back. If anyone else is in similar situation, where certificate is not yet mailed months after oath ceremony, then I would suggest them to fill the online form and call them several times. They totally forgot about my file and after filling the form and calling them several times, I manage to get my certificate.

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Congratulations Zindabad. Ottawa office is either over stressed with work or their staff is on leave. I received my certificate as well couple of days back. If anyone else is in similar situation, where certificate is not yet mailed months after oath ceremony, then I would suggest them to fill the online form and call them several times. They totally forgot about my file and after filling the form and calling them several times, I manage to get my certificate.
Congratulations on receiving the certificate and and end to this journey, Would you like to share how long it took from Oath date to the Certificate in your hand ?

SeanTor

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Congratulations on receiving the certificate and and end to this journey, Would you like to share how long it took from Oath date to the Certificate in your hand ?
It took 3.5 months from oath to certificate. Some of my friends got the certificate within couple of weeks after oath. There is no trend, it all depends upon the officer and clerk dealing with your file.

Reactions: humsafar

nimpal

Jun 19, 2017
Hi everyone,

I want to know what can I do as I have not received the citizenship certificate after 5 months? Any help is highly appreciated.

I have attended the virtual ceremony and took the oath early December 2020 but still (May 2021) I have not received the certificate. I have filled several webforms and requested about my application status. They didn't give me much information other than "your file should be reviewed shortly".

In ECAS my application status was decision made for a while. Now after they have changed the web interface (very recently) it shows different steps and I see it as below:

Language skills: Completed
Physical presence: Completed
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: Completed
Citizenship ceremony: In progress

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone,

I want to know what can I do as I have not received the citizenship certificate after 5 months? Any help is highly appreciated.

I have attended the virtual ceremony and took the oath early December 2020 but still (May 2021) I have not received the certificate. I have filled several webforms and requested about my application status. They didn't give me much information other than "your file should be reviewed shortly".

In ECAS my application status was decision made for a while. Now after they have changed the web interface (very recently) it shows different steps and I see it as below:

Give IRCC a call? Email the same officer who you sent your forms to after the ceremony to inquire. That’s strange tbh

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Hi everyone,

Interesting. I also had the ceremony last week and things are still not moving for me for some reason.

Have you moved address where you provided the new address to to the officer prior to the ceremony?

Which office your application is processed?

Edit: My concern right now would be in having no proof of PR or citizenship since they asked us to cut PR card after the oath ceremony.

Last edited:

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
Hi

we are a family of 3, i and my wife got citizenship certificate yesterday and my daughter didn't when i reached to officer the only answer i got is WAIT.
now i am little worried.
1. what are the chances that the canada post misplace the document and lost
2. what is the process to get certificate incase of lost.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

BadGamer6

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2019
Toronto
Hi

we are a family of 3, i and my wife got citizenship certificate yesterday and my daughter didn't when i reached to officer the only answer i got is WAIT.
now i am little worried.
1. what are the chances that the canada post misplace the document and lost
2. what is the process to get certificate incase of lost.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
It seems unlikely that it will be lost - CP is having delays. When was your oath? What was your overall timeline?

Reactions: littleDog

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
It seems unlikely that it will be lost - CP is having delays. When was your oath? What was your overall timeline?
Thanks.
i'm Nov 2019 applicant

App sent Nov 4th.
APp received :: Nov 7th
AOR:: Jan 19th 2020
Inprocess :: Jan 30 2020
Intial test date :: March 30 2020 - cancelled
Test date :: Jan 18th 2021 (Jan 21th to Feb 10)
Test taken :: Feb 7th.(Both i and my wife) Test not recorded for me because of some technical issues. and retest taken on March 1rd)
Interview : only for wife on Apr 14th invite on Mar 30th(not sure why)
DM on Apr 15th
Oath on May 13th.

Thanks for your words. i'll hope for the best.