+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate delay delivery after virtual ceremony

ottawaapp

Feb 29, 2020
No almost 4 month, I just had discuses with lawyer in Toronto, as per him people are getting certificates, it cannot be delay more then month, if yes then some issue in our files.
Do you have the line "You became a Canadian citizen on xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx" on your ECAS?

ottawaapp

Feb 29, 2020
Status Decision Made.
But last line is "we start your application"
Okay, your assumptions might be true then that your delay might be due to IRCC not yet finalize your file. It is not uncommon for an application to move from Decision made (DM) back to in progress (IP) before oath ceremony. What I have not heard is for an application to move back to IP after oath ceremony. 4 months is too long

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
Status Update "Complete" Citizenship Certificate...…….@ottawaapp, @SeanTor...…..
and @ottawaapp I got line ""You became a Canadian citizen on xxxxxx xxxxx xxxx" on your ECAS? " just today...… and what is next now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ALEX-UK

ottawaapp

Feb 29, 2020
Your certificate has been mailed. You will receive it in next few days.
Good for you @zindabad Yes, certificate has now been mailed. Without being a spoil joy, lower your expectation of receiving it in few days. I am still waiting since Dec Dec 22nd (4 weeks today) when my status changed to complete and I also called IRCC and agent also said certificate being mailed.
Also, @zindabad Are you an Ottawa applicant? what is your status @SeanTor ?

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Just came across this thread. I am waiting to hear back from IRCC regarding the oath date after taking the test on Jan 4, 2021. It seems like the lead time to receive the certificate is at least a month which is not really good news to me because I really need to get a Canadian passport as soon as possible :eek:

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
Status Decision Made.
But last line is "we start your application"
So this means you have only 3 lines in you Ecas status and do not not even have the Test and Oath invitation lines ?

Can you advise the time line of your Test Date - Decision Made - Oath invitation and Oath Date. If you don't mind

zindabad

Star Member
Oct 14, 2019
So this means you have only 3 lines in you Ecas status and do not not even have the Test and Oath invitation lines ?

Can you advise the time line of your Test Date - Decision Made - Oath invitation and Oath Date. If you don't mind
Yes only three line and now status change to complete.... So that mean they r not updating ecase but only status... Test was in Feb, status DM at Feb, oath was in Sept, jan21 status change to Complete....