+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony Question

harith86

Dec 5, 2009
Hi all,

Finally everything is conpleted, waiting now for ceremony.

I called IRCC call center, and they told me that IRCC selected the "e-certificate" option for me to obtain, and I can ask to change it to paper certificate if I would like, but I said I prefer keeping e-certificate.

Now, the ceremony.. at the time I applied, there was only paper application option, no online option, so I didn't get to choose if I want online or in-person ceremony..

1) which way is faster to get? Online ceremony or in person ceremony?
2) Does that mean my ceremony will be online by default because e-certificate was selected for me, or in person..

Bit confused.. I have a travel in May and getting nervous

Thanks,

Reactions: Jalalcananda

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hi all,

Finally everything is conpleted, waiting now for ceremony.

I called IRCC call center, and they told me that IRCC selected the "e-certificate" option for me to obtain, and I can ask to change it to paper certificate if I would like, but I said I prefer keeping e-certificate.

Now, the ceremony.. at the time I applied, there was only paper application option, no online option, so I didn't get to choose if I want online or in-person ceremony..

1) which way is faster to get? Online ceremony or in person ceremony?
2) Does that mean my ceremony will be online by default because e-certificate was selected for me, or in person..

Bit confused.. I have a travel in May and getting nervous

Thanks,

Not sure though, you will have to wait for the Oath to get scheduled and receive official confirmation email. When did you complete LPP?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
You will have to wait for an official email, but most likely you will have your oath scheduled in the second half of April as per the trend.

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi there,

In June 2023, I submitted my citizenship application. The required tests and background check were completed in July and August. However, there haven't been any updates since then, and my file has been in the processing queue for six months. On March 27, it switched to "LPP completed" status.

Now, there's been no communication regarding the ceremony, and it seems like there's been no progress in that regard. Do you have any insight into how long it typically takes for the ceremony to move into the progress stage?

Reactions: billsnjays416

billsnjays416

Apr 12, 2024
Hi there,

In June 2023, I submitted my citizenship application. The required tests and background check were completed in July and August. However, there haven't been any updates since then, and my file has been in the processing queue for six months. On March 27, it switched to "LPP completed" status.

Now, there's been no communication regarding the ceremony, and it seems like there's been no progress in that regard. Do you have any insight into how long it typically takes for the ceremony to move into the progress stage?
Has your oath changed to In progress? If you're curious how IRCC processes apps: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/immigration-application-explained-1.6688619.

• Wow
Reactions: Jalalcananda