+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony, participants from different city or one place?

msSK

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
Hello, does anybody have idea about citizenship ceremony. Are the participants from different places or in the same city? I hope somebody could answer my question. Thank you.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
AFAIK, it is based on your processing local office. Your local office conducts the oath ceremonies, so I guess it includes the applicants in the area that processing office covers. So for Scarbro local office, it is mostly Toronto (east of younge), Markham etc...

What's your local office?

Reactions: msSK

msSK

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
AFAIK, it is based on your processing local office. Your local office conducts the oath ceremonies, so I guess it includes the applicants in the area that processing office covers. So for Scarbro local office, it is mostly Toronto (east of younge), Markham etc...

Saskatoon, I’m from Saskatchewan. A bit worried because some members from SK with the same timeline as mine got an update for oath. Me nothing, do you have idea if I’ll get it soon too?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Saskatoon, I’m from Saskatchewan. A bit worried because some members from SK with the same timeline as mine got an update for oath. Me nothing, do you have idea if I’ll get it soon too?
It all depends on individual file. Same case with Scarbro office. Most of the people who applied in same month as me already got oath, and few got test, but I am still waiting. So hopefully you will get it soon. If you want more information either talk to an agent (or) order GCMS notes for more information on your file. Good luck.

msSK

Star Member
Apr 25, 2021
It all depends on individual file. Same case with Scarbro office. Most of the people who applied in same month as me already got oath, and few got test, but I am still waiting. So hopefully you will get it soon. If you want more information either talk to an agent (or) order GCMS notes for more information on your file. Good luck.
Thank you so much for this. Appreciate it. Happy Canada day!

Reactions: canvisa13

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. Pre Covid, ceremonies were conducted on an itinerant basis. I.e. If you lived in Victoria, the Vancouver office would have the ceremony in Victoria, works the same in all provinces. You won't have to travel hundreds of Km to attend. Although smaller cities/towns would only have 1 or 2 ceremonies a year.
2. Tests and ceremonies were usually held in conjunction. You had your test in the morning, you passed, ceremony in the afternoon.
3. It all depends if CIC is going to continue online tests/ceremonies.

Reactions: msSK

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It all depends if CIC is going to continue online tests/ceremonies.
I am almost certain they would (at least the online citizenship test). IRCC would have spent a portion of their budget to develop and test the tool for the citizenship test and build this kind of workflow and it is very unlikely they would simply ditch the tool after the pandemic. IMO, to tackle the backlog, IRCC will likely use both in-person and online testing.

About the oath ceremonies, I am not so sure because no new tools were developed by IRCC and they simply use a third-party app (Zoom). Having said that, it is somewhat likely that IRCC will continue to offer both online and in-person oath because currently, there is a nasty backlog for oath.

Reactions: msSK and bellaluna