citizenship by convenience

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lux et Veritas said:
If he/she then returns, then these are the scenarios:

1. He/she returns with his/her family and are low, working, or middle-class individuals: Then they will need to have a job especially in expensive cities like Toronto and Vancouver; they won't come back if they didn't secure a job. This means they will pay income tax and tax on whatever savings they have. As taxpaying citizens they will be entitled to use OHIP, send their children to public schools (or borrow etc if they want to go private). This cannot be objectionable to anyone even some of the elements in this forum.

2. He/she returns with his/her family and are upper middle-class or upper class individuals: Then they are reasonably well-off that they won't leech off the system. Such people are more likely to send their children to private schools, to top universities rather than Canadian ones, and wouldn't need torontosm or the other person's money. Eventually, they will have to supplement their income either through starting their own business or finding a job.
No, in either scenarios, they don't necessary need to start their own business or finding a job - they can just speculate the property or stock market. 8)

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
steaky said:
No, in either scenarios, they don't necessary need to start their own business or finding a job - they can just speculate the property or stock market. 8)
:D only rich families may do that, and these guys here again would definitely not need our money to educate and care for their kids.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
I am still interested how is it possible to know for sure what intentions someone will have in the future without the crystal ball being used ;D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Politren said:
I am still interested how is it possible to know for sure what intentions someone will have in the future without the crystal ball being used ;D
By living your life as you never had Canadian citizenship. That way, you will never ask for bailout during turmoil, or trouble with the law. You will not come back and use canada health care when you need it most. You will not send your children to Canada for subsidized education. Once you abide by that, you will never be accused of being CoC.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
screech339 said:
By living your life as you never had Canadian citizenship. That way, you will never ask for bailout during turmoil, or trouble with the law. You will not come back and use canada health care when you need it most. You will not send your children to Canada for subsidized education. Once you abide by that, you will never be accused of being CoC.
Who will accuse me? The teacher in the school, or maybe the hospital will be like "wait for one month because we need your CBSA entry/exit record in order to calculate your presence"?

Or I will be accused directly from the CBSA officer at the airport? Or even my neighbour or landlord???

Who exactly will accuse me???

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Politren said:
Who will accuse me? The teacher in the school, or maybe the hospital will be like "wait for one month because we need your CBSA entry/exit record in order to calculate your presence"?

Or I will be accused directly from the CBSA officer at the airport? Or even my neighbour or landlord???

Who exactly will accuse me???
You dont have to be accused of one. You would fit the definition of CoC.

Let say you sees someone going to the bar drinking heavily on a daily basis. Would you go up to him and accuse of being an alcoholic? No! You just know he is as he would fit a classic example of an alcoholic. He probably deny he is an alcoholic even though he is. Just like CoC would deny CoC exist.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
screech339 said:
You dont have to be accused of one. You would fit the definition of CoC.

Let say you sees someone going to the bar drinking heavily on a daily basis. Would you go up to him and accuse of being an alcoholic? No! You just know he is as he would fit a classic example of an alcoholic. He probably deny he is an alcoholic even though he is. Just like CoC would deny CoC exist.
Hmm... According to MP Tilson CoC are exactly those who will never come back in Canada. But now according to you they should NOT be considered CoC.

Again nothing surprising because the matter is one big balloon full with subjectivity.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Politren said:
Hmm... According to MP Tilson CoC are exactly those who will never come back in Canada. But now according to you they should NOT be considered CoC.

Again nothing surprising because the matter is one big balloon full with subjectivity.
Like I said before, intention is the key word. Even if you don't plan on coming back to Canada, as long as you "intend" to use your Canadian Passport as insurance, you can be a CoC.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
screech339 said:
Like I said before, intention is the key word. Even if you don't plan on coming back to Canada, as long as you "intend" to use your Canadian Passport as insurance, you can be a CoC.
MP Tilson also mentioned that even if this are the intentions in the head of a person , this is his/her right to do it.

So why the people should not use their rights?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
screech339 said:
Enough already, people make choices at different stages of lives, things that are said and done today may no longer hold 10 years from now, just like 50% of married couples in North America end up getting divorced later - should they be called husbands/wives of convenience?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
itsmyid said:
Enough already, people make choices at different stages of lives, things that are said and done today may no longer hold 10 years from now, just like 50% of married couples in North America end up getting divorced later - should they be called husbands/wives of convenience?
If you want to use marriage as an analogy, you can divorce by renouncing Canadian citizenship. If you are not dual, you can take up the new citizenship and renounce your Canadian citizenship. After all if you have no intention of going back to Canada or use it as insurance, why bother keeping it. So as long as you keep citizenship despite your "plead" that you will never go back to Canada, you can be CoC.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
screech339 said:
If you want to use marriage as an analogy, you can divorce by renouncing Canadian citizenship. If you are not dual, you can take up the new citizenship and renounce your Canadian citizenship. After all if you have no intention of going back to Canada or use it as insurance, why bother keeping it. So as long as you keep citizenship despite your "plead" that you will never go back to Canada, you can be CoC.
What if a person want to renounce his citizenship but suddenly in the last moment he changes his intention? Which intention should we consider the old one or the new one?

Can that person be considered as a temporary CoC?

I am starting to see that this is a very serious matter here all that CoC story.
How can a person be sure that he has the right intentions during times of hesitations what to do?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
screech339 said:
Is that a crime to be COC? I don't have problem with anyone being COC, doesn't affect my life and I simply don't care, and To those people who care so much about it and think how horrible it is :Why not just do your job and make this country more attractive so there won't be any so called COC because they all want to come and stay and don't want to be anywhere else

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
And if terrorists get to keep their Canadian citizenship, I don't see how those peaceful COC deserve it any less