+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship by convenience

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Jee786 said:
1. If an new immigrant is entitled to have all the benefits and right then why a returning immigrant need to wait? At least the returning immigrant gave something to Canada at some point.
2. We are not sure what exactly you have done. Off course you had the heath card in couple of months after you have arrived. Did you destroyed it?
3. We all know how those LIMA works when we set our mind what to hire. We all know Canadians won't work that much hard what you will get from an Asian.

1. New immigrants are provided with an opportunity to move to Canada, and are selected either based upon their ability to contribute to Canada or because of specific H&C reasons. If they were not entitled to receive benefits, they would not be able to survive and we likely wouldn't have any immigrants. Further, these new immigrants start contributing from the day they arrive, financially or otherwise. CoC's on the other hand, MAY have contributed at some point, but haven't been for some time. There is a significant difference that I hope even you can understand.

2. I don't understand what you are saying. Why would I destroy my health card?

3. Well, if you want to accuse me of "gaming" the system to obtain my LMIA, then I think the same should be applied to everyone. Weren't you sponsored on a work permit? Perhaps your employer "gamed" the system to obtain your LMIA because they saw you were an Asian? Using your logic, perhaps you shouldn't be here at all then? See how easy (and unhelpful) it is to accuse people of things without any evidence or substance?

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
torontosm said:
Actually, South Asians only represent around 21% of the total immigrants to Canada, which is far from "dominant". http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/permanent/10.asp

If you had bothered to do a simple Google search, you would have seen this. But then, the truth doesn't align with your bigoted views, so why bother, eh?
I was referring about the Newcomers , read my previous post again for reference.
Here are some interesting numbers about the dominant South Asian presence in the resent years.

The dominant region is exactly South Asia, we all can see that when we live here especially by looking who are the dominant Low end workers, hence the burden for Canada economically by staying here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/permanent/10.asp

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Politren said:
I was referring about the Newcomers , read my previous post again for reference.
Here are some interesting numbers about the dominant South Asian presence in the resent years.

The dominant region is exactly South Asia, we all can see that when we live here especially by looking who are the dominant Low end workers, hence the burden for Canada economically by staying here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/facts2013/permanent/10.asp
Just read your post and you said "newcomer immigrants". My link was for all new PR's, which is exactly what "newcomer immigrants" means. Do you have another definition for "newcomer immigrants" that I'm not aware of?

And, I just provided you with empirical evidence from the CIC, and you counter with "we all can see [something different]"? It seems like you see what you want to see, rather than the truth. Take off the racist glasses and perhaps the world will look a bit brighter.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Jee786 said:
Would you say the same thing if you are here with a minimum wage job, still immigrant and have better opportunity elsewhere?
You don't seem to understand what I'm saying, so I'll try one last time. I am NOT saying that citizens shouldn't have the right to move elsewhere for better opportunities. I AM saying that if they choose to do so, they and their children shouldn't expect to be afforded the same rights and privileges as Canadians who live here.

I brought up the example of long-term overseas Canadians not being allowed to vote in elections. Why aren't you up in arms about that? Using your logic, as those citizens or their parents or their parents' parents may have contributed to Canada, why shouldn't they have the right to vote? The fact is that as they don't live here, they aren't as affected by what happens in Canada, so the Courts ruled that they shouldn't have the right to determine the country's future. Similarly, I believe that as these overseas Canadians don't live in Canada, they shouldn't have the right to show up to get medical treatment for free, or to send their kids for subsidized education without first re-establishing their residency.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
torontosm said:
Just read your post and you said "newcomer immigrants". My link was for all new PR's, which is exactly what "newcomer immigrants" means. Do you have another definition for "newcomer immigrants" that I'm not aware of?

And, I just provided you with empirical evidence from the CIC, and you counter with "we all can see [something different]"? It seems like you see what you want to see, rather than the truth. Take off the racist glasses and perhaps the world will look a bit brighter.
US has ~24% of the global GDP, this is why is considered as the dominant economy in the world.

Same thing applies for the South Asians, they represent the dominant portion of newcomers. Look who is doing the low end jobs here.
Look at the portion only from China India Philippines Pakistan... Exactly they got the biggest share per country.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Politren, so it is not confusing, just say Asians and not South Asians because Philippines is not South Asian as well as China ;)

carry on with the debate ;)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Politren said:
US has ~24% of the global GDP, this is why is considered as the dominant economy in the world.

Same thing applies for the South Asians, they represent the dominant portion of newcomers. Look who is doing the low end jobs here.
Look at the portion only from China India Philippines Pakistan... Exactly they got the biggest share per country.
Changing your words a bit, eh?

First, let's start with a geography lesson. China and the Philippines are not, and have never been, part of South Asia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Asia)

Now, the US is the dominant economy as it is the largest (by a significant margin). No South Asian country is the largest source for new PR's, as that position is held by China. Even if you try to group the countries into regions, you will find that Southeast Asian countries eclipse South Asians as the largest "ethnicity" for immigration to Canada by a significant margin. So, if you want to continue your nonsensical racist rants, perhaps you should turn your attention to Southeast Asians instead. While it would be equally abhorrent, it would be more factually accurate.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
China is not southeast asian, it is east asian

carry on ;)

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
Hi Politren, so it is not confusing, just say Asians and not South Asians because Philippines is not South Asian as well as China ;)

carry on with the debate ;)
Isn't is interesting that the top share of immigrants per country is distributed to a very narrow geographical Asian region ;) Hence cheap labour without worrying to much that they will complain for working at the low end.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
And based on that link, as per country yes China is no. 1 source of PRs
but based on region, South Asia which includes India and Pakistan is no. 1 followed by East Asia (China, Korea)
southeast asia where my home country Philippines is is only ranked no. 3
anyways, they are all Asian ;)

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
pie_vancouver said:
but based on region, South Asia which includes India and Pakistan is no. 1 followed by East Asia (China, Korea)
According to Google, China is classified as part of Southeast Asia:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=what+region+is+china+in&oq=what+region+is+china+&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.3056j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Jee786 said:
@Torontosm,

If you try to find out what's ethical or what's not, you have to rethink.

For example Pakistan.

You are a CoC of Pakistan but you still can vote in Pakistan. Did you ever raise a voice against that? Whoever immigrated here should never talk about Patriotism. That will make us all hypocrite. Everyone moved here for better opportunity. If Canada become like afganistan in 10 years, we all will try to move out to a different place for better life.
Jee786, I don't understand the point of the majority of your posts. You seem to be confusing the topics of dual citizenship, PR's and CoC. I am not a CoC of Pakistan because I have not been receiving any sort of benefits from Pakistan. See the difference?

We are just talking past each other, and I don't think it's a productive use of either of our time. As such, I'll end this discussion with you here.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Not going to debate about it, anyways, they are all Asian ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southeast_Asia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Southeast_Asian_Nations

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
pie_vancouver said:
By saying South Asians I meant literally Asia Divided my line in the middle on North and South, basically the dominant cluster is from the south side ;)

torontosm is clarifying that South has different parts of South, which practically is the same South Asia if per my example we divide Asia by North and South by a line.

Same idea expressed in a different way.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jee786 said:
@Torontosm,

If you try to find out what's ethical or what's not, you have to rethink.

For example Pakistan.

You are a CoC of Pakistan but you still can vote in Pakistan. Did you ever raise a voice against that? Whoever immigrated here should never talk about Patriotism. That will make us all hypocrite. Everyone moved here for better opportunity. If Canada become like afganistan in 10 years, we all will try to move out to a different place for better life.
If Canada turns into Afghanistan in 10 years, who's fault is that? Look no further than Greece or Venezuela to see what will happen when spending is not checked.