+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

citizenship applied on 2017 october, no updates yet

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Did anyone else here go through an equally painful PR process? I applied in Sept 2011 back when the processing time was 12 months and it wasn't until late late November 2012 that they got back to me. Almost everyone was done in well under a year.
My PR took 10 months
Could have been 3 months shorter if I didn’t make a mistake on my form and had to submit a correction , then I waited for almost 1 month to land since I didn’t want to go to the border just for this, instead I waited till my business trip outside Canada ... if I did it everything right I would have been qualified under c-24 and probably already done with this ...

samoo

Jun 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
issued
As of 4th of October, my application will be one year in processing. Can any one let me know what should I do? Already called the IRCC today and they told me they can not contact the local office unless it’s complete the 12 months.. just two days !!!!!

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Only handful of us?
if that's true, then what is going on and why they do not process the rest of us.
This is not right.
We are all in this together and no one such as MP and CIC won't help us to get this done.
The main issue is we can't get real answers from call center agents or by filling in the web form. The won't even flag it to the officer processing our application before 12 months have passed.

We can't do anything but wait...what scares me is that someone here is almost hitting 14 months and he still hasn't gotten any clarity. @Mehran1

I'm hoping for a legal route/solution once 12 months have passed.

Reactions: itsmyid

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
The October spreadsheet still has 20% of all the October IDs not getting test invite - either they forgot to come back and update it, or they were just tired of waiting and stopped caring about it. Lol
I'm sure if they didn't hear back they would be here ranting their hearts out like us=).

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The main issue is we can't get real answers from call center agents or by filling in the web form. The won't even flag it to the officer processing our application before 12 months have passed.

We can't do anything but wait...what scares me is that someone here is almost hitting 14 months and he still hasn't gotten any clarity. @Mehran1

I'm hoping for a legal route/solution once 12 months have passed.
Unfortunately there is no legal way to do it since the 12-month is not a guarantee - just like those investments that claim to have up to 20% annual return, there is nothing you can do when the return is 10, 5 or even -10%

robw

Mar 10, 2014
Well, at least it's some movement... was it email or mail?
Email. Just gonna get it over with today. It's some kind of progress...I knew it was needed for a long time.

SMH....horrible! Did you order GCMS before and it said criminality passed?
Criminality never passed. it's been stuck under In Progress since December 2017. The only sub-activity has been "Fingerprints Required". I called last week to vent and sure enough the agent (for once) told me that FP are required and that she would contact my local office to formally request it. Basically, it took 10 months for my office to send me something they knew they wanted from me since they opened my file...what a joke.

Ottawan

Nov 11, 2011
Email. Just gonna get it over with today. It's some kind of progress...I knew it was needed for a long time.

Criminality never passed. it's been stuck under In Progress since December 2017. The only sub-activity has been "Fingerprints Required". I called last week to vent and sure enough the agent (for once) told me that FP are required and that she would contact my local office to formally request it. Basically, it took 10 months for my office to send me something they knew they wanted from me since they opened my file...what a joke.
This is horrible, you should send an email to the minister's office once you're through.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012

So FP is under 'criminality'?
Anyway, not surprised, that's how government works... but hopefully with this update your file will finally be moved out of the corner basket and seen by a real human

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
So FP is under 'criminality'?
Anyway, not surprised, that's how government works... but hopefully with this update your file will finally be moved out of the corner basket and seen by a real human
Why is it surprising that fingerprint is under criminality? I always thought they would request fingerprints if they got a name match in criminal records.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Why is it surprising that fingerprint is under criminality? I always thought they would request fingerprints if they got a name match in criminal records.
What I meant was I was not surprised by his process taking so long
whether or not FP is under criminality was just something I didn't know about, since my criminality was passed long time ago and I was just wondering if I would get FP

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Just received my latest webform response, although it's still the same message, I do realize it was not automatically generated and it was actually typed by a real human, since it says
"The next step will be to invite you to attend he citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary."
The last email said 'attend the citizenship test', this time it is 'he citizenship test' - now I see they are not lazy people just copying and pasting their email responses... what a relief!
At this point, no matter it's a 'he test' or 'her test' or even 'they test', I will take it ...

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Just received my latest webform response, although it's still the same message, I do realize it was not automatically generated and it was actually typed by a real human, since it says
"The next step will be to invite you to attend he citizenship test. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary."
The last email said 'attend the citizenship test', this time it is 'he citizenship test' - now I see they are not lazy people just copying and pasting their email responses... what a relief!
At this point, no matter it's a 'he test' or 'her test' or even 'they test', I will take it ...
Could be an algorithm to randomly remove a letter, just to pretend it's typed by a live human :D