Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Hi all !

My wife landed in Canada with her Permanent Resident Certificate in May 2019.

Around the end of October 2022, she applied for her citizenship.
She hasn't left the country for more than a week, therefor, physical presence is surely sufficient.
The AOR letter was received on November 15th 2022.
An invitation to pass the citizenship test was received on April 6th 2023.
The test was completed on April 23rd 2023.

Since then, we haven't received any updates, news or what so ever.

In our citizenship application status check we can see the following:

Last updated : April 1st 2023

Detailed application status:

Language skills : In Progress
Physical presence : In Progress
Citizenship test : In progress
Background verification : COMPLETED
Prohibitions : In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony : Not Started

Application history:

Apr. 6 2023 : Scheduled for citizenship test

Mars 30 2023 : Activity status updated. Citizenship test

Mars 28 2023 : Activity status updated. Background verification

Nov. 15 2022 : Application filled

We are concern with the fact that we know some people who have recently passed there citizenship exam and in the following month have been invited to there Citizenship Ceremony. It looks like something got stuck with the test. Is it normal that we haven't received any news in 5 months after having passed the test ?

Thanks in advanced for any advises.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi all !

My wife landed in Canada with her Permanent Resident Certificate in May 2019.

Around the end of October 2022, she applied for her citizenship.
She hasn't left the country for more than a week, therefor, physical presence is surely sufficient.
The AOR letter was received on November 15th 2022.
An invitation to pass the citizenship test was received on April 6th 2023.
The test was completed on April 23rd 2023.

Since then, we haven't received any updates, news or what so ever.

In our citizenship application status check we can see the following:

Last updated : April 1st 2023

Detailed application status:

Language skills : In Progress
Physical presence : In Progress
Citizenship test : In progress
Background verification : COMPLETED
Prohibitions : In Progress
Citizenship Ceremony : Not Started

Application history:

Apr. 6 2023 : Scheduled for citizenship test

Mars 30 2023 : Activity status updated. Citizenship test

Mars 28 2023 : Activity status updated. Background verification

Nov. 15 2022 : Application filled

We are concern with the fact that we know some people who have recently passed there citizenship exam and in the following month have been invited to there Citizenship Ceremony. It looks like something got stuck with the test. Is it normal that we haven't received any news in 5 months after having passed the test ?

Thanks in advanced for any advises.
Probably stuck in Sydney
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-rc-8090.740785/
You can order GCMS notes to see whats happening and where it is stuck.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Thanks for the reply. :)

How can it be stuck and what should we do to have it on the run again ? :rolleyes:
My husband and I have been waiting for a little more than 6 months since the test for LPP to complete and our file is stuck in Sydney. They are just busy working on 2023 applications.
You can always raise a webform, call them or email your processing office and request GCMS notes which sometimes triggers some movement in the file.

Last edited:
Reactions: bergy2018

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
My husband and I have been waiting for a little more than 6 months since the test for LPP to complete and our file is stuck in Sydney. They are just busy working on 2023 applicants.
You can always raise a webform, call them or email your processing office and request GCMS notes which sometimes triggers some movement in the file.
Thanks, we rely appreciate. We have sent a message using the webform just today. We will try with the GCMS notes soon. How can we find out what is the processing office by the way ?

Reactions: Calgary222

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Looking for support for someone who has written and passed their citizenship test and is now being asked again to write the test. Has anyone had this experience? What did you do? Submit confirmation on webform? Any ideas may help get this moving in right direction. They have the confirmation of the passed test.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Looking for support for someone who has written and passed their citizenship test and is now being asked again to write the test. Has anyone had this experience? What did you do? Submit confirmation on webform? Any ideas may help get this moving in right direction. They have the confirmation of the passed test.
Hasn't happened to me but I know it sucks but sometimes the test is invalid according to them so they should just go ahead and retake the test which is inconvenient but better than wasting their time. Also they can call and ask why they are made to retake the test.

Reactions: cmcalister

cmcalister

Star Member
Jan 27, 2019
Hasn't happened to me but I know it sucks but sometimes the test is invalid according to them so they should just go ahead and retake the test which is inconvenient but better than wasting their time. Also they can call and ask why they are made to retake the test.
Thanks, they have tried calling but not able to get through