+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications timeline - St John's, Newfoundland

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
This thread is to share information about Citizenship applications for applicants living in Newfoundland!

Cha2

Star Member
Mar 25, 2014
Well guess I should be part of the forum because I have applied for my citizenship from St. John's NL in October, 2013.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)
- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had not been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and translated stamps when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Congrats mr brovo, :) that was a quick one , I am planning to apply this october , hope it goes good for me and every one else too, :)
mrbravo said:
Hello Everyone,

Here is a reminder of my detailed timeline :

- Sydney received my file on November 4th, 2013
- ECAS showed " in process" + " Received" lines on January 28th,2014 (In Process)
-" Received" live disappeared on March 2nd, 2014
- Called CIC on March 4th, 2014 to check status when I noticed that the received line disappeared and they said : Your file is on its way to your local office ( St John's Newfoundland)
- Called CIC on March 17, and was informed that my file had been transferred to St John's office on March 4th, 2014.
- CIC sent me a notice dated March 31st, 2014 to write the Citizenship test on April 17th, 2014.
- I called CIC on May 6th, 2014 and my test results had not been updated in the system.
- I called CIC on May 20th and was informed that my test results had been updated in the system.
- CIC sent me a notice dated June 16th, 2014 to appear and take the oath for Citizenship on July 8th, in St John's Newfoundland.

My experience: please take CBSA reports, Notice of assessments, and translated stamps when you go for your interview. It was very handy...

Mrbravo

handsomeishere

Feb 10, 2011
Hope it goes well and quick for you , I mean quicker, good luck though j, I am from Manitoba and I have heard it is one of the slowest of all timez lol
janoo said:
bravo.. congratulation it is really quick my case pending since 30 months.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
Today was a very memorable moment where we took the oath of citizenship. The atmosphere was great ;D :D

I am very grateful to how Generous Canada is for allowing us here and granting us the citizenship privilege. Many other countries are not as generous as Canada is.