Citizenship Applications for people for last 4 years in a row

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Hello All,

This thread is for people who have been living in Canada for last 4 years in a row and applying now. I have heard that people who have been living in Canada for last 4 years in a row since the 4 year rule was implemented are getting faster processing. Is that true ? I know some of my friends who landed in 2013 and have been here since then are getting emails that their applications will be processed faster. I myself landed in 2013 and have been living here since then. I applied on May 18, 2017.

Any one else who has been living in Canada in last 4 years in a row can join this thread and share time line.

I landed in March 2013
Was out of country for only 35 days
Application sent on May 18, 2017. Application not received yet

Please join. Thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Faster processing compared to what? Processing times have picked up since Bill C-24 went into effect, because it dramatically reduced the number of applications IRCC received, allowing them to mostly clear the massive back log that developed when the old CIC slowed down the process under the Conservative government.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Faster processing compared to what? Processing times have picked up since Bill C-24 went into effect, because it dramatically reduced the number of applications IRCC received, allowing them to mostly clear the massive back log that developed when the old CIC slowed down the process under the Conservative government.
Thanks for your response. Its my misconception may be. Some of my friends told me if you have a last 4 year full residency in a row and you have filed all your taxes and you are in current employment your application will be processed faster. Two of my friends received such emails that their application will be processed faster as they have a straight forward case.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
Still, the question remains: Faster compared to what?
Compared to those who have not lived here for last consecutive 4 years. I mean total time span is 6 years so you can miss 4 years consecutive period..hope you understand

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
i applied 4 years straight. zero days out of canada recvd in 6 months

there is no such rule as faster processing.everyone have same weightage once u are eligible and applied . processing depends on office how they work

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
i applied 4 years straight. zero days out of canada recvd in 6 months

there is no such rule as faster processing.everyone have same weightage once u are eligible and applied . processing depends on office how they work
Thanks much for your response. You mean you got your oath in 6 months ?

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
I have been living in Canada as a permanent resident since 2008, so for 8 1/2 years. My application is in process since the 4th of April with no test invite. My taxes have been filed for all the years, I have a Canadian husband by birth, three Canadian kids and no it is not faster than anybody else. In fact in Vancouver the process seems to have stalled.

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
I have been living in Canada as a permanent resident since 2008, so for 8 1/2 years. My application is in process since the 4th of April with no test invite. My taxes have been filed for all the years, I have a Canadian husband by birth, three Canadian kids and no it is not faster than anybody else. In fact in Vancouver the process seems to have stalled.
Why it took you so long to apply ? Thats my point ? since 2008 were you not ever eligible to apply ? Why you delayed ?

Faster I mean for those who after landing lived here for 4 straight years and applied

soul2017

Apr 29, 2017
iam also been living in canada for 4 years straight , just went out of the country in total of 45 days , applied and my app. was received on may 8th ,and still waiting for the AOR

Reactions: mickey_mouse

mickey_mouse

Oct 24, 2016
Toronto
Category........
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
iam also been living in canada for 4 years straight , just went out of the country in total of 45 days , applied and my app. was received on may 8th ,and still waiting for the AOR
kool...keep updating here please...am in same boat as you..

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
straight 4 yrs, zero-day out of Canada.
all papers are straight. Don't see any difference compared to others rather taking more times compared to others. :(

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Compared to those who have not lived here for last consecutive 4 years. I mean total time span is 6 years so you can miss 4 years consecutive period..hope you understand
Yeah, I see no reason why it make any difference, but if it did due to some new IRCC operational policy, I see no reason why someone at IRCC would knowingly admit it to the public.