+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship applications during COVID

waiting3

Nov 18, 2015
Hi all,
Has anyone got any notifications of their citizenship test date lately? My application has been "in process" since Dec 31, 2019. AOR received Nov 26
I know COVID19 caused a suspension of courts and oath ceremonies but I am too impatient honestly. This has been taking forever. I applied in August.

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey,
I applied in Feb 2019, Aor 30th April, Inprocess aince 6th June. Hang in there. All we can do is pray and wait.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey,
I applied in Feb 2019, Aor 30th April, Inprocess aince 6th June. Hang in there. All we can do is pray and wait.
That's a long wait. Probably because application fell into non-routine processing. Have you considered applying for GCMS notes to see what is going on with the application?

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
Hey, I applied for it. didn't get much information out of it. Spoke twice with Agents during One year processing period. Both of them told me your file is routine. Even when I called the last time, she was a bit rude but told me its a routine application, and she can see that recently it was accessed which means someone is working on it.

mrrobot said:
Hey guys, I called Cic on 26th Feburary, 2020 Agent told me everything looks okay and they are working on it. It was only 6 days past the 12 months period so agent said they won't be notifying the respective office. Told me to be a little more patient. Also I ordered Atip notes on 25th Feb, 2020 to see whats the status of my file. I hope Atip notes wont delay my processing time.
Hey guys,
I received Atip notes. Only Criminality status shows passed. All other stages like Knowledge, Residence, Language, Prohibition and oath are "not started". Its been in process since 6th June, 2019. Haven't heard anything back. Still waiting for the test invite. I know Covid19 is gonna delay the process more. I hope and pray situation gets better in coming months. Be safe and stay home.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, I applied for it. didn't get much information out of it. Spoke twice with Agents during One year processing period. Both of them told me your file is routine. Even when I called the last time, she was a bit rude but told me its a routine application, and she can see that recently it was accessed which means someone is working on it.

Hey guys,
I received Atip notes. Only Criminality status shows passed. All other stages like Knowledge, Residence, Language, Prohibition and oath are "not started". Its been in process since 6th June, 2019. Haven't heard anything back. Still waiting for the test invite. I know Covid19 is gonna delay the process more. I hope and pray situation gets better in coming months. Be safe and stay home.
Sorry about that.

Wish you good luck and speedy processing.

mrrobot

Star Member
Apr 14, 2019
I am not alone in this situation, if you look at Feb2019 Excel File you will have a better understandin. Many other applicats are also waiting.