+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application.

Sto

Oct 18, 2021
Hi all, can someone share his/her experience during Citizenship Application regards to settling outside Norminated province. Would it be a problem during citizenship application, if someone had lived outside the Norminated province.
Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all, can someone share his/her experience during Citizenship Application regards to settling outside Norminated province. Would it be a problem during citizenship application, if someone had lived outside the Norminated province.
Thanks.
You should have proof that you attempted to settle in the province that nominated you. Proof that you relocated there, applied for numerous jobs over a few months and if you weren’t able to find a job there moved to another province.

K1ngz

Jan 18, 2019
I did my masters degree here in Canada my wife did not school in Canada at all. Currently we are permanent residents and are now due to apply for citizenship.
Please my question on citizenship application is this. On eligibility.......is my wife's Diploma, certificate or final transcript from secondary school program in English language from Nigeria acceptable as proof of knowing English language?
Or must she have to sit for IELTS?
Someone pls help with an answer.

Raeisi

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I did my masters degree here in Canada my wife did not school in Canada at all. Currently we are permanent residents and are now due to apply for citizenship.
Please my question on citizenship application is this. On eligibility.......is my wife's Diploma, certificate or final transcript from secondary school program in English language from Nigeria acceptable as proof of knowing English language?
If it's been more than 2 years then she should do it again or take CELPIP Test which is way easier.

alice17

Star Member
May 12, 2018
Victoria
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2018
Hello!

Yes, her certificate or final transcript is fine for the Citizenship English requirements. IELTS is only required for PR.

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Hey. Was she able to use her secondary school or university diploma?

mshergill

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Hello there,

Not sure if this is a right forum. If not please direct me correct forum.

My spouse got his pr in 2019 and we are submitting our citizenship application.
I have couple of questions.

1. As my husband got in Pr in 2019 but the application ask for 5 year address history so is it okay to enter back home address?
2. For the tax year 2018, is it okay to check the tax filed not required and not submitted?
3. Is it okay to submit the high school marks heat as a proof of English language?

Related to my profile
1. I am currently on maternity leave. For employment history, do I mark myself unemployed or should say employed as I am going to rejoin my company once my leave is over?

Last question for both of our application

1. For the question where it is asking do you ever held a travel document?

Does this means canadian passport or it is referring to foreign country passport.

Thank you in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there,

Not sure if this is a right forum. If not please direct me correct forum.

My spouse got his pr in 2019 and we are submitting our citizenship application.
I have couple of questions.

1. As my husband got in Pr in 2019 but the application ask for 5 year address history so is it okay to enter back home address?
2. For the tax year 2018, is it okay to check the tax filed not required and not submitted?
3. Is it okay to submit the high school marks heat as a proof of English language?

Related to my profile
1. I am currently on maternity leave. For employment history, do I mark myself unemployed or should say employed as I am going to rejoin my company once my leave is over?

Last question for both of our application

1. For the question where it is asking do you ever held a travel document?

Does this means canadian passport or it is referring to foreign country passport.

Thank you in advance.
Wrong section. Post to the Citizenship section.