+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
HELLO CAN I USE MY US VISA AS A TRAVEL DOCUMENT FOR THE REQUIREMENT OF PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION ASIDE FROM PASSPORT? CAUSE IT IS ASKING FOR TWO AND I DONT HAVE ANY IDS WITH ME NOW ASIDE FROM MY US VISA AND PASSPORT

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
A visa is not an ID i believe. U need to have a DL, health card or provincial photo id
What if I don't have it with me here in Canada? i left it all in my country and the only id I have here is my new and expired passport. Can I
just submit one photocopy of current passport and the other one is the expired one?

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Man do u even live in Canada? How can u not have a health card if u live here? IRCC has given a set of ids u can use for citizenship purpose and believe me u can not use same passport 2 times whether expired or not
How about if I use my confirmation of landing?

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Here is what instruction guide of application says. Now make ur choice

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
What if I don't have it with me here in Canada? i left it all in my country and the only id I have here is my new and expired passport. Can I
just submit one photocopy of current passport and the other one is the expired one?

Exactly as what @Zmaqsood said, do you even live in Canada? Why would one leave the driver’s license or provincial health ID card in home country unless s/he is just traveling back and forth and staying in Canada temporarily.

That’s the real question you might be faced at interview with the officer even if you met the 1,095 days requirement. Even people who actually lived/worked in Canada with many IDs get asked for Residence Questionnaires. Especially now you have the USA visa and seems like there were frequent visits to US.

So, Good luck

kshlv

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Here is what instruction guide of application says. Now make ur choice

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents
But that is the incomplete list. I have it but it is in the Philippines since I am still finishing my course, I forgot to bring it here. Do you think my confirmation of landing/permanent residency paper will be okay?

sweetcute123

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
25-09-2016
IELTS Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
Passport Req..
24-01-2017
No it will not be okay

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
And you can’t ask someone to just make a copy or scan to send/email you ?

Reactions: k300k3

Kaleemsheikh

Sep 2, 2011
My dear your posittion not making sense to me as an ordinary person then what on the earth you think you can make it sense to a cycologist kind of immigrations or citizenship officer. any way just to help you:

Applicants must be able to prove that they are who they say they are.

Among the documents required for an application, they must provide at least two documents to establish their identity. Both pieces of identification must show the applicant’s name and date of birth, and at least one document must have a photograph of the applicant.

Applicants residing outside Canada may not be able to provide Canadian identity documents. Applicants can provide foreign identity documents that are equivalent to Canadian identity documents, such as a passport or government-issued identification documents.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html