+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Hi. I have a question
I have applied for citizenship in January 2018 in march they start processing my application, in may they send me a letter to do e citizenship test in june 2018.
I took the test and passed I was told that day that by January 2019 everything should be finalized. But ever since June 2018 never heard from them again? Is this normal?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi. I have a question
I have applied for citizenship in January 2018 in march they start processing my application, in may they send me a letter to do e citizenship test in june 2018.
I took the test and passed I was told that day that by January 2019 everything should be finalized. But ever since June 2018 never heard from them again? Is this normal?
No, it's not. Give the IRCC’s Call Centre a ring.

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Application made January 2018 application start processed in March 2018
notice sent in May 2018 to appear for the test in June 2018
citizenship test was passed in June 2018
still in process all the way to now in December 2019.
how normal this is? has anybody else has this experience?

Timicious

Feb 24, 2020
Hello,

Have you received any response from them yet? I have a similar case like yours, but in my own situation I do made a mistake in calculating physical presence, so I was told to re-sent a copy of a new physical presence, which I did in less than a week and they confirmed receipt.

I also called MP and also called customer service C.I.C, they advised to wait. All time they say, application is still in process, we do not require anything from you, we will contact you if we do.

Not sure if Mandamus is the way or not. Below is my timeline also, it is similar to yours and am in Mississauga Office. I passed the test and have been waiting for oath invitation since July 8th 2019 when I passed the citizenship test.

This is very serious. Even friends that sat for test after me in the same office have received oath.

When the MP contact them, they informed me that CIC office with my application said they have a high processing and nothing is wrong, but need to wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 7, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a letter on June 17, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Reactions: Shpetim_2019

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Hello,

Have you received any response from them yet? I have a similar case like yours, but in my own situation I do made a mistake in calculating physical presence, so I was told to re-sent a copy of a new physical presence, which I did in less than a week and they confirmed receipt.

I also called MP and also called customer service C.I.C, they advised to wait. All time they say, application is still in process, we do not require anything from you, we will contact you if we do.

Not sure if Mandamus is the way or not. Below is my timeline also, it is similar to yours and am in Mississauga Office. I passed the test and have been waiting for oath invitation since July 8th 2019 when I passed the citizenship test.

This is very serious. Even friends that sat for test after me in the same office have received oath.

When the MP contact them, they informed me that CIC office with my application said they have a high processing and nothing is wrong, but need to wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on April 24, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 7, 2019 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a letter on June 17, 2019. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
No haven’t received anything yet how about you

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Hello,

Pretty much similar situation I have
My application was January 2018 the process was in March 2018 that test was done in June 2018 and then ever since now we are late December 2020 so three years time nothing

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Pretty much similar situation I have
My application was January 2018 the process was in March 2018 that test was done in June 2018 and then ever since now we are late December 2020 so three years time nothing
Have you hired a lawyer or are you just going to wait on them

Shpetim_2019

Jun 6, 2019
Hello,

Hi did you get your citizenship yet?