+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
I need to travel to Pakistan on August 1, 2018 and my other Pakistani passport by that time will be with the Saudi Embassy for the processing of Visa.
That's going to make it difficult for them to check it at the interview...

Jul 15, 2017
From the instructions regarding acceptable proof:
  • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
So, I'd say this would be fine.
Thank you for answer me. But It's non credit professional development. It is not post-secondary DEP or CEP .
Is this good for citizenship or not ?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for answer me. But It's non credit professional development. It is not post-secondary DEP or CEP .
Is this good for citizenship or not ?
While we can't say for certain (we're not IRCC), it meets the requirements as they have been published by IRCC, so it's likely to be just fine.

The bit that was quoted ny sns204 really is the extent of the requirements:
diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
(That's from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language so you can go check it yourself)

The credential you have
  • is a diploma
  • from a post-secondary education program
  • in Canada
  • where the language of study was English
It has to be a program (so not a single course), but it doesn't say this has to be a multi-year program, or has to be a CEP or DEP, or a bachelor or anything like that. So there does not seem to be any reason why your diploma would not be accepted as language proof.

The only other requirement is that the document you send has to be in English or French. If it is not you'd need to send a translation and a letter confirming the program was in English or French. Concordia diplomas are written in English, so you're good to go.