+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Urgent Processing - Essential Worker

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
That webpage gives you the generalized information for all services provided by IRCC. Some services may have Urgent Processing while others may not. As far as I am aware, there is no urgent processing for Citizenship application. However, if any others have any other relevant information, please feel free to correct me.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
That webpage gives you the generalized information for all services provided by IRCC. Some services may have Urgent Processing while others may not. As far as I am aware, there is no urgent processing for Citizenship application. However, if any others have any other relevant information, please feel free to correct me.
The application processing times show how long it will take us to process your application for Canadian citizenship. If you think you have an emergency and won’t receive your citizenship in time, you may apply for urgent processing.

We can only process citizenship applications urgently in special cases. We check every urgent request to see if it meets the conditions for urgent processing. If your application doesn’t meet the conditions, we will process it normally.

To apply for urgent processing, you must be eligible to apply for citizenship and have an emergency, such as:

• needing Canadian citizenship to:
    • apply for a job
    • avoid losing your job
    • go to a Canadian school, college or university
  • needing to travel because of death or serious illness in your family and you can’t get a passport in your current nationality
  • receiving a successful Federal Court decision on an appeal on a previous application for citizenship
Even if these conditions apply to you, we may not be able to process your request urgently. If we do process your request urgently, we may not be able to do it in time to help your situation.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Everyone, It's mentioned on the IRCC website that They will give priority to applications from Vulnerable People and Essential Business Workers.

So I believe it's not an Urgent processing request but a request to give priority to the application of Essential Worker.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Everyone, It's mentioned on the IRCC website that They will give priority to applications from Vulnerable People and Essential Business Workers.

So I believe it's not an Urgent processing request but a request to give priority to the application of Essential Worker.
Has nothing to do with the Citizenship process

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014

Unless you need citizenship to do your essential work, like in the case of that physician who needed a specific high level clearance only allowed for Canadian citizens to conduct covid research, it won’t be considered.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Agree with you all but what's the harm in trying ?

The maximum IRCC clerks can do is to reject request for urgent/priority processing.

royce110

Nov 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Agree with you all but what's the harm in trying ?

The maximum IRCC clerks can do is to reject request for urgent/priority processing.
Yes you could definitely try, though I did read somewhere they are currently not looking at any urgent requests whatsoever.

worst is you lose $100 or so urgent fee and they process it normally.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes you could definitely try, though I did read somewhere they are currently not looking at any urgent requests whatsoever.

worst is you lose $100 or so urgent fee and they process it normally.
There is no extra cost to get your application urgently processed. YOu can send them a request through Web forum as mentioned on IRCC site.