01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I last posted a question here, it brings me memories lol

I'm about to apply for my citizenship, but I have a potential issue with my name. In the application form, section 4.a, I'm asked to provide my name exactly as it appears on my most recent immigration document. My PR card shows my full name, but the last letter of my last name is truncated. My CoPR shows my full name, with all the letters. I was told that even though it was truncated, they have my full name in the system.

How should I provide my full name in the application? I would like that my citizenship documents and passport show my full name, with all the letters, but I didn't find anywhere in the application where I can explain that.

Thank you in advance and a happy 2020 to us all.

PS.: Sorry if this question has already been answered, I found similar threads about it, but it looks like all of them are talking about the old application form

Last edited:

GusCunha

Star Member
Aug 1, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Passport Req..
02-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-11-2016
I called IRCC and I was told that I should put my full name, with all the letters in the application. Since I know that sometimes different people there give different information, can anyone confirm that that is the right action to take?
Thank you

denrus89

Mar 3, 2016
I would definitely put your FULL name (which is your real name, and I presume your legal name too) and send it like that!

Also, even though there is no place on the form to include extra notes, I would encourage you to attach a separate letter (printed) to your application where you can briefly explain what you did (put your full name), and why you did it (because it’s your real name and IRCC confirmed that over the phone).
They do read these notes (as I included one myself pertinent to my application) and do take them into consideration! But that’s optional.

Good luck!

Reactions: GusCunha