+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Timeline - Toronto

Tassy

Nov 4, 2012
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me understand the Citizenship timeline a little better. I sent in my application in April 2012 and recieved my 'Recieved' letter dated May 1, 2012. I recently checked my status online and it has already changed to 'In Process' (less than 6 months after they received my application).

I guess this is a good sign because when I called the CIC to ask how long it will take for them to invite me for an interview, the lady said my application looks very good but she cannot give me this information. Does anyone know how long it takes from when the application goes into 'In Process' till they call you in for your test? She said my application is already at my local Toronto office.

I have heard of many people's application being processed much faster than the 21 months processing time listed on the CIC website. I guess I just want some hope that mine can be done before the 21 months too.

Pekyas

Oct 27, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tassy said:
Hi,

I am hoping someone can help me understand the Citizenship timeline a little better. I sent in my application in April 2012 and recieved my 'Recieved' letter dated May 1, 2012. I recently checked my status online and it has already changed to 'In Process' (less than 6 months after they received my application).

I guess this is a good sign because when I called the CIC to ask how long it will take for them to invite me for an interview, the lady said my application looks very good but she cannot give me this information. Does anyone know how long it takes from when the application goes into 'In Process' till they call you in for your test? She said my application is already at my local Toronto office.

I have heard of many people's application being processed much faster than the 21 months processing time listed on the CIC website. I guess I just want some hope that mine can be done before the 21 months too.
I sat on the test last Oct 30,2012 and thats the 13th month since they received my application.
If all is well with your application you can expect a test invitation by march/april 2013.
Good luck!

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Tassy said:
Hi,

Hi
Thats very quick, I guess this year they are processing files from July 2011 to June 2012 files...
Which is your local office?

Tassy

Nov 4, 2012
Pekyas said:
I sat on the test last Oct 30,2012 and thats the 13th month since they received my application.
If all is well with your application you can expect a test invitation by march/april 2013.
Good luck!
Wow, that's great news :) Can I ask, when did your application show 'In Process'?
Hope your test went well and I hope you hear back about your oath date soon!

Tassy

Nov 4, 2012
tst said:
Hi
Thats very quick, I guess this year they are processing files from July 2011 to June 2012 files...
Which is your local office?
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly my file went into 'In Process'
I am located in Toronto so I guess my local office would be the St. Clair office

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
Tassy said:
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly my file went into 'In Process'
I am located in Toronto so I guess my local office would be the St. Clair office
Tassy, you are quiet lucky because you applied before june 2012 and your local office is St Clair which is also very quick, I guess you will get the test in Mar or April 2013...
I applied in June 2012 but got the acknowledgment letter in July 2012 and I am from Scarborough which is the slowest office in Toronto :(

husseintt

Nov 5, 2012
I applied in March 2012 and still have the online status as (Received)
I received the acknowledgement letter in April 2012

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
husseintt said:
I applied in March 2012 and still have the online status as (Received)
I received the acknowledgement letter in April 2012
Husseintt, I presume your file will start any time...

EasyRider

Oct 12, 2008
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kobiams said:
The St. Clair office is slowwewwwwwwwwww...
Really? St. Clair is one of the fastest, probably the fastest in Canada.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ai9o70015IRPdFl6MnhXV0VZbnN1YnZWLXpld0Vya1E

April2012

Jan 23, 2013
Hi Tassy,

May I know more details about your application. I have very similar timeline with you but interesting responses from CIC. Here is what it shows online for me today.

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 6, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 6, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 1, 2012.

If you click the "in process", you should see similar message as well.

The funny thing about mine application is: When I called CIC some time in Oct. 2012, I was told that my application has been 'In Process' (I was really happy and impressed by how fast it was). At that time I didn't check online so not sure if the online status changed. Then in December I was told that it's in process and under background check. On Jan. 2, 2013, I was told it's been transferred to local office (Kitchener). Today (23rd), when I called again, I was told by the first agent that it's been transferred to local office. I had some trouble checking status online so I was transferred to another call center agent. Guess what she told me, she said your file is still in NS and under process! I was shocked and worried. She said the call center person misread my information......She also said that although it shows that your application has been in process since Sept 2012, it actually got worked on and updated on Dec. 1 2012.... I don't know what to say.

I was so worried about the misleading status so called again. Another agent confirmed that it is still in Sydney.... It just showed the corresponding office is Kitchener but not transferred yet....

So I encourage you to either check online to get the detailed timeline or call CIC directly so that the same thing doesn't happen to you

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

qameralam

Jan 23, 2013
Hi, here is my timeline

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 7, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 7, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 16, 2013.

if in process what does it mean and how long does it take to sent to local office and what will be my local office if i live in milton,on