+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application taking forever

kitoko2014

Jun 21, 2019
Hello There,
I applied for my citizenship early 2015 but since then I have been waiting. I already took my citizenship test in December/2015 and passed it but until today, my application is still in process. I know that people sometime had to wait 3yrs but I have been waiting for almost 5yrs. this is rubbish. Please someone help or explain...
Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2015.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2015.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2015.
  4. We started processing your application on May 20, 2015.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a letter on November 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
Hello There,
I applied for my citizenship early 2015 but since then I have been waiting. I already took my citizenship test in December/2015 and passed it but until today, my application is still in process. I know that people sometime had to wait 3yrs but I have been waiting for almost 5yrs. this is rubbish. Please someone help or explain...
Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 15, 2015.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 24, 2015.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 24, 2015.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 8, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on September 22, 2015 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a letter on November 17, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Contact your MP.

Fallen_Warrior

May 16, 2013
Hello There,
Citizenship

Don't wait a single day and hire some really good immigration lawyer.

kitoko2014

Jun 21, 2019
I already have a immigration lawyer and last year the CIC sent me an questionnaire which I did filled out and return to them. But it’s is very annoying that I can’t even move around or go to see my family abroad. In the US citizenships takes 6 months to process and country like Germany 3 months and up. This is ridiculous that man have to process an application for 5yrs.