+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application submitted & Travel Aboard for work

montrealworker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2022
We need advice, once you submit your citizenship application and if you get to travel with your spouse overseas for international work with kids, would that become a problem. AoR was received and citizenship is completed in Dec 2023. We continue to fill tax and pay our house expenses....

Please advice :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
There are tens of similar threads, look for those.
But short answer : if you're ready to come back to Canada anytime on short notice, nothing to worry about...

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
Thought OP asked a very similar question not long ago.

In general, there's nothing stopping you from traveling. As Seym said, making sure that you can come back on short notice from IRCC is even better.

Whether your travel delays the "prohibition and background (and potentially, physical presence) checks," nobody knows except those who work for IRCC who won't post that kind of information publicly.

montrealworker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2022
i
Thought OP asked a very similar question not long ago.

In general, there's nothing stopping you from traveling. As Seym said, making sure that you can come back on short notice from IRCC is even better.

Whether your travel delays the "prohibition and background (and potentially, physical presence) checks," nobody knows except those who work for IRCC who won't post that kind of information publicly.
But why would prohibition get delayed when am working for a well known American humanitarian corporation and i already submitted my application and my citizenship time is locked?

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Pls share with me a link to the one you find informative : )
Go through these. There's potential relevant information here : https://www.google.com/search?q=leaving+canada+after+citizenship+application+site:www.canadavisa.com&client=firefox-b-m&sca_esv=345267d81bec8f30&prmd=nvbi&sxsrf=ADLYWIIVMat7dR9yIAOddEmFzgTPm8CDSQ:1716123323561&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwirt93I4ZmGAxW4FVkFHUzLC0YQrQJ6BAgdEAg&biw=119&bih=243&dpr=3

Also, short notice is just that, short notice. There's no real timeframe, IRCC may ask you for something in the next week or couple weeks and for some people, that can be hard depending on their commitment outside Canada, while for others, anything above 48h is plenty of time to go back.
But it's not only a question of just being able to come back to Canada for something on a given date, sometimes IRCC may (may, not necessarily will) ask someone to prove they're back to the country before they move with the next step, usually the oath invitation, meaning that the person is "stuck" in Canada and not knowing when exactly the next step will take place. It can be logistically complicated with what's being done outside Canada...

LargeLanguageModelBot

Star Member
Sep 6, 2023
But why would prohibition get delayed when am working for a well known American humanitarian corporation and i already submitted my application and my citizenship time is locked?
Please search for the threads in this forum as people sometimes have reported long LPP time leaving Canada after application.

You don't have to believe other peoples' data points though.

Let alone who knows what organization overseas you are working for before an investigation...