+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Status "in process"

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
Hi,

Has anyone else have the same problem and if so, is this normal?

My application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) was received on October 26, 2009.
I got the study book on October 26, 2009.
They started processing my application on September 16, 2010.
My file was transferred to the Montréal CIC office on November 23, 2010.
I received the notice on January 14, 2011 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM.
After the test we were told if we pass the test (which I'm 100% sure I did) we should have the ceremony in 2 to 4 months but I never heard back. Every time I call immigration, same answer : "in process". My permanent resident card has just expired so I had to apply for a new one since it's taking so long. When I called again today, the agent told me that the local office is doing checks on my file!
Could this be because I could not provide them my old passport which I used when I arrived to Canada?

It's just frustruating and I have no one to ask....

Thank you!

husseintt

Nov 5, 2012
Hi nmc88

I had a similar situation like yours but that was in my permanent residence application ....

Anyway, I submitted my citizen application in March 2012 and received the acknowledgement letter in Apr 2012 and nothing after that

May I know your nationality?
am Egyptian by the way ....

How long was the WHOLE processing time for your permanent residence application?
you can email me at husseintt@gmail.com

nmc88

Sep 13, 2012
The whole process for PR was very long, almost 4 years!
I can only imagine that the citizenship is going to take almost as long if not longer since it's already been over 3 years since I sent my application. :(

P.S. I'm from Ukraine.

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
these days if the applicant did not submit any documents CIC request, they will just put the applicant on indefinite hold.

Clayton

Oct 27, 2012
ZYXWVU98 said:
these days if the applicant did not submit any documents CIC request, they will just put the applicant on indefinite hold.
If like this, the waiting is very long now...