+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application - Senior Citizen

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
Hi

I have a question regarding my father's citizenship application.

He was retired until September this year and came as PR on retired status. Since October, he has started working in Canada. Now my question is in regard to Employment history section.

Should I mention "Retire" prior to he started working or use something else as his status of employment e.g. "housemaker".

Regards
Hemal

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

I have a question regarding my father's citizenship application.

He was retired until September this year and came as PR on retired status. Since October, he has started working in Canada. Now my question is in regard to Employment history section.

Should I mention "Retire" prior to he started working or use something else as his status of employment e.g. "housemaker".

Regards
Hemal
He should write his current job,

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
@canuck78 Thanks for the response.

I think my question was regarding their status before he started working i.e. should we still keep his time as retired before he started working?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
@canuck78 Thanks for the response.

I think my question was regarding their status before he started working i.e. should we still keep his time as retired before he started working?
Yes you can say retired. many seniors retire and then end up going back to various reasons from boredom to financial need.

Reactions: hj123