+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application revision

medi5686

Feb 21, 2014
Hi there,
I just sent my citizen application with courier. The date of my signature on the application was 08/30/2017 and the application revision was June 2017 revision.

Today I noticed that they revised the application form (Form CIT 0002) again and the latest version is August 2017.

I compared both versions and it seems there is no change on details and the only difference is the newer ver. is read only and you can not save it on your computer while you can save the old ver.

Do you think they may return my application as my application is the older version?

Matt

TESTV

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
correct me if im wrong, but your case should be ok as there is no official announcement and the new forms really meant for the 3/5 applicants.

medi5686

Feb 21, 2014
correct me if im wrong, but your case should be ok as there is no official announcement and the new forms really meant for the 3/5 applicants.
Yes, exactly because they have not switched to 3/5 yet and the only difference between the rev June 2017 and August 2017 is on the new rev you can not save the filled form on your computer and you have to print it right away. No more changes.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Do you think they may return my application as my application is the older version?

I have not fully examined the most recent version of the application, checklist, and instructions, but at the least the photo specifications changed in August. How this will affect an application submitted with old photo specs and signed relatively soon after the change I am not sure. Worst case scenario is the application is returned and the applicant instructed to provide photographs meeting the new specifications. Not much to do now but wait and see. IRCC may be flexible about this for a reasonable transition period of time.

Photo spec changes are being discussed in another topic by participants here more familiar with this than me.

I am not sure if the August version includes any additional changes other than, as some report, making it difficult to save.

the new forms really meant for the 3/5 applicants.
Yes, exactly because they have not switched to 3/5 yet and the only difference between the rev June 2017 and August 2017 is on the new rev you can not save the filled form on your computer and you have to print it right away. No more changes.
While the transition to a pdf format which cannot be saved (apparently; have not verified this myself) is probably in anticipation of the coming changes due to the 3/5 rule taking effect . . . to minimize the number of post-effective-date applications that might get submitted on the old forms . . . the current form available is, of course, NOT meant for the 3/5 rule. The current form is for the current rules, the 4/6 rules still in effect.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
I know someone who applied for PR card renewal and it seems for them the photo is changed too on 23rd August. So they were asked to resubmit the photos. Their application was not returned

Reactions: medi5686

medi5686

Feb 21, 2014
I have not fully examined the most recent version of the application, checklist, and instructions, but at the least the photo specifications changed in August. How this will affect an application submitted with old photo specs and signed relatively soon after the change I am not sure. Worst case scenario is the application is returned and the applicant instructed to provide photographs meeting the new specifications. Not much to do now but wait and see. IRCC may be flexible about this for a reasonable transition period of time.

Photo spec changes are being discussed in another topic by participants here more familiar with this than me.

I am not sure if the August version includes any additional changes other than, as some report, making it difficult to save.

While the transition to a pdf format which cannot be saved (apparently; have not verified this myself) is probably in anticipation of the coming changes due to the 3/5 rule taking effect . . . to minimize the number of post-effective-date applications that might get submitted on the old forms . . . the current form available is, of course, NOT meant for the 3/5 rule. The current form is for the current rules, the 4/6 rules still in effect.
Now, I've got the confirmation from CIC that my application is received (AOR), does that mean they won't return it any more?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Now, I've got the confirmation from CIC that my application is received (AOR), does that mean they won't return it any more?
Correct. AOR means the application has been screened for completeness and will be put in process.

That does not necessarily mean, however, that IRCC will not request new photos or other information.

Reactions: DohMan