+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Returned Incomplete. What should i do?

hash98220

Mar 13, 2020
Hi,
My citizenship application returned today as i missed to check mark the question where i grant CBSA the rights to pull my travel history.
(They mentioned that they did not take any money)
My application was signed on Jan 7th 2020 and its less than 90 days

Now my question is, they have highlighted that in Yellow. Can i just check it and send back the same application?
Do I need to send any letter of explanation ??

Thank you in advance :)

aeropostale

Sep 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
My citizenship application returned today as i missed to check mark the question where i grant CBSA the rights to pull my travel history.

Now my question is, they have highlighted that in Yellow. Can i just check it and send back the same application?

Sorry to hear that.
Yes, update the form. Take a fresh print with correction highlighted and sign it again with today's date. use the same payment slip and double check if they have mentioned anything else. you DO NOT have to send an explanation letter unless asked for.

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
Hi,

Sorry to hear that.
Yes, update the form. Take a fresh print with correction highlighted and sign it again with today's date. use the same payment slip and double check if they have mentioned anything else. you DO NOT have to send an explanation letter unless asked for.
If you sign the citizenship application with today's date, you will have to update your physical presence calculator document with the same date.

Reactions: Duskyblue

hash98220

Mar 13, 2020
If you sign the citizenship application with today's date, you will have to update your physical presence calculator document with the same date.
So it would be better to just re print that specific page with check mark or update the date every where and send it
I am confuse now

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
So it would be better to just re print that specific page with check mark or update the date every where and send it
I am confuse now
Call IRCC and ask your Q's directly. None of peeps here work for them and thus none would have a 100% correct answer. You don't want guesses, you need answers

RKCK

Nov 2, 2015
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
07-11-2015
Doc's Request.
19-02-2015 Travel History
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
Med's Done....
18-12-2015
I am confuse now
If you have just cross 1095 days and want to create a buffer, it might make sense for you to sign the form again with the new date and physical presence calculation. Else you just print it. Usually in the letter they send out along with the returned application, they will state the reason. They might also specify what action from your end is needed. Like "update the form", send the missing document, etc.

Call IRCC and ask your Q's directly. None of peeps here work for them and thus none would have a 100% correct answer. You don't want guesses, you need answers
I think relying on the IRCC call centre agent is a bigger risk than relying on an immigration consultant/lawyer or this forum.

Lex2019

Jan 21, 2019
If you have just cross 1095 days and want to create a buffer, it might make sense for you to sign the form again with the new date and physical presence calculation. Else you just print it. Usually in the letter they send out along with the returned application, they will state the reason. They might also specify what action from your end is needed. Like "update the form", send the missing document, etc.

I think relying on the IRCC call centre agent is a bigger risk than relying on an immigration consultant/lawyer or this forum.
This is your right to think that forums are better. My experience has been that I did receive all and correct answers (so far) from IRCC. The forum is a gathering of those who seek for answers not tye ones who give such

hash98220

Mar 13, 2020
I Called IRCC
Agent advised as its less than 90 days I can use the existing application and just check mark the missing point and send it back again along with the check list. Thank you for all your help and have a nice weekend :)

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I Called IRCC
Agent advised as its less than 90 days I can use the existing application and just check mark the missing point and send it back again along with the check list. Thank you for all your help and have a nice weekend :)
It works the way the agent told you, but it still makes sense to update your dates and your physical presence calculator and add today's date. I wouldn't hesitate to add 2 months worth of buffer (unless yours was large enough already).