+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application Returned for 3rd Time

Saral1

Oct 15, 2020
Hi,

The first time, they cancelled our application, saying, "We are already Canadians," with the explanation submitted second time. Then returned saying "missing birth certificate for minors," which is already there. Again, I submitted by uploading birth certificates one more time. Again returned for the same reason.

Has anyone faced the same issue? Can someone help me if anything wrong from our side?? How to fix this? Looking for help.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Have you tried calling them? Doesn't seem like resending the application without addressing the root cause is going to help.

• Haha
Reactions: Baanayaad

Saral1

Oct 15, 2020
Have you tried calling them? Doesn't seem like resending the application without addressing the root cause is going to help.
Yes.

"The agent was unable to provide information about the application as they were unable to access it from their system. They suggested that it might be a technical issue and recommended that I resubmit the application." Also asked me to submit (technical issue) webform.
But no luck of getting reply.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

The first time, they cancelled our application, saying, "We are already Canadians," with the explanation submitted second time. Then returned saying "missing birth certificate for minors," which is already there. Again, I submitted by uploading birth certificates one more time. Again returned for the same reason.

Has anyone faced the same issue? Can someone help me if anything wrong from our side?? How to fix this? Looking for help.
You should apply paper application this time. While doing paper application, you can attach letter of explanation regarding all the confusions they have and should provide them enough proof with application . There was similar case like that where person application was returned 3 times in row. Then he applied paper application with letter of explanation and was granted citizenship in 3 months.

Saral1

Oct 15, 2020
You should apply paper application this time. While doing paper application, you can attach letter of explanation regarding all the confusions they have and should provide them enough proof with application . There was similar case like that where person application was returned 3 times in row. Then he applied paper application with letter of explanation and was granted citizenship in 3 months.
I'm thinking the same... Let me try talking to them one more time. Thank you for the reply.