+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application returned due to passport

arsal385

Oct 13, 2012
I sent my application last month. My passport didnt cover the entire 5 years eligibility period as it was expired in Sept 2018.
I explained in table B of Q14 that why I didnt bother to renew passport as I had no intention to travel abroad. I also provided bigraphical page of the expired passport.

However, I forgot to put expired passport detail like place of issue, date of issue, date of expiry etc in table A of Q14 of the citizenship application form.

Although IRCC can see the same detail in the passport copy submitted. However, I am now worried that IRCC may reject my application due to not putting that detail in the Q14.
Any advice please?
Thanks in advance.
Grateful if anyone can reply to my query?

lexxy

Jan 14, 2016
Visa Office......
cpc-mississauga
App. Filed.......
28 nov 2014
AOR Received.
6 feb 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront..20 jan 2016
LANDED..........
8 july 2016
Hi thanks for ur reply
She just added an extra S alphabet in the spelling of the city
Do you think it be returned for that reason ?
I mistakenly added extra first letter of my country of birth and my application wasn’t returned... you’re ok.

Reactions: Spartan73

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Grateful if anyone can reply to my query?
I don't think anyone can have a definitive answer to your question.

You case is different in the sense that you forgot to fill out one part of the application even though you provided the information needed in that part somewhere else in your application. I have heard of applications being returned when the applicants forgot to put just one check mark in their applications.

So let's hope for the best but if I had to take a call on the balance of probabilities, your application might get returned.

I think you should definitely come back and update this forum on how your case proceeded.